Download Station 5 Search Add-on

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
rgrasmus
New here

Download Station 5 Search Add-on

Post by rgrasmus »

Hello. I am using a TS-451 with firmware 4.3.3. On Download Station 5 -> Settings -> Add-on (tab) it seems to show a possibility of adding new websites for torrent searches. It also has a manual for (I assume) building new search add-ons (http://download.qnap.com/dev/download-s ... ide_v4.pdf). However, I am having trouble deciphering this manual. I am hoping that someone with more experience with it could help explain it in less confusing terms. Ideally, I am looking to add the search website https://rarbg.to/index8.php. Any help would be appreciated.
laza80
First post

Re: Download Station 5 Search Add-on

Post by laza80 »

I am also interesting in answer, because on beta firmware piratebay and several other providers are not working.
IrishGypsy
New here

Post by IrishGypsy »

go to /share/[whatever your volume is]/.qpkg/DSv3/usr/sbin/ds-addon/

Do to each of the directories that are a pain:

/1337.to
/bttt99.com
/demonoid.pw
/kickass.to
/mininova.org
/seriecanal.com
/thepiratebay.se
/torcache.net
/torrentreactor.net
/yun.baidu.com

in each of these folders run the command:
vi 1337x.to.php
or whatever the name of the site is with a .php on the end.

hit the insert button

First find the second line that says
const SITE = "http://1337x.to";
and comment that line out - its useless.
// const SITE = "http://1337x.to";

obviously the '1337x.to' will have to be changed whatever site/directory you're working in. You'll notice the extratorrent file doesn't have that line.

Now here's the real magic.

Next you'll see a few lines that look like this:

/*
*kickass() -note: that's right the 1337x file ACTUALLY SAYS KICKASS. SMH...
* @param {string} $url
...etc...
*/

it's missing a line: just before the last line you need a $meta line. So the last two lines in that group, not the last two lines in the file, should look like:

* @param {string} $meta
*/

THEN....

The next line should look like this:

public function __construct($url = null, $username = null, $password = null)

It SHOULD look like this:

public function __construct($url = null, $username = null, $password = null, $meta = null)

now hit the escape button and type :wq and hit enter. vi will save your file and if you go into Download Station it should work.

There might be some other differences on the onther lines - besides the ones I mentioned above -- DO NOT LET THEM FOOL OR DISTRACT YOU.
If you make those changes it shoudl be working no problem. Works for me and I took notes every step of the way. I did nothing else.

I got tired of waiting for qnap or whomever to fix it. I program for a living, so if you'd like to paypal me a beer (2-3$ ) I won't turn it down joseph.brodnax@gmail.com. If not, then cheers.

I loves me my qnap, but that problem was a pain.
IrishGypsy
New here

Post by IrishGypsy »

Ok,
There might've been a little more to it with a couple of the files as someone kindly pointed out. Please just copy these working files to the designated addon folders:

DSv3/usr/sbin/addons/[name of site]/[name of site].php

and the download station will work.

Still accepting a pint of Guinness from the grateful
addonFix.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nbarco
New here

Post by nbarco »

Thanks IrishGypsy that was a brilliant fix. I assume I leave the original files in their directory? Also, as the torrents change, how do I change the files?
IrishGypsy
New here

Post by IrishGypsy »

@nbarco

If I'm reading your question correctly you mean the other files in the directory that are not being overwritten by the files I posted? If so, then yes you would leave those files be, and only copy over the file that is of the same name as the files in the zip.

As the torrents change? I'm not sure I'm following that question. You can set where the downloaded files go, as in what folder to put them into during the download (temp) and after the download is complete (or whatever share percentage your DS is set to) . Or, if you meant as the *torrent sites* change how do you change the files. That's a little more involved.

I believe that baring any authentication scenarios, one could simply copy the files for a given toreent site and simply go through the files with vi or the editor of your choice, and simply change the url to point to the new site.

If you give me a little more info I'm sure we can figure it out together here in front of the world. lol. That could be beneficial. as a caveat I have not tried this yet, I'd have to play with it a bit. Do you have a specific torrents site in mind? Maybe we could post a 'how to add a site in DS add-ons search' tutorial.

Cheers for the drink!

JB
nbarco
New here

Post by nbarco »

I am assuming that these configuration files point Download Station to the correct URLs. The URLs have been changing lately. I could be wrong. Interestingly, last night I saw my download begin, then they just slowed to a crawl. I am going to assume that my ISP has something to do with this. I have it Proxied using IPVanish, but I may have to set it up to VPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dfran1
Starting out

Post by dfran1 »

Download station is newer than this thread now, but I copied those files and only one seems like it is working but still nothing from any other, is there updated files to copy?

Thank You
dfran1
Starting out

Post by dfran1 »

Hi,
Is there any way to fix this ? updates keep coming but nothing, I have a mac, so far I can't SSH into the QNAP
any help would be great. I did copy those files before and still had nothing but after one of the updates one kind of works.
Thank You
Tasoik
Know my way around

Post by Tasoik »

I seems that in latest version of download station we can add a BT site directly through interface. Correct?

When I press add it prompts to select a file. What type of file is expecting? php ? I would like to add rarbg.to Could someone help me? I'm not so familiar with SSH.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cubino
New here

Post by cubino »

I solved by:
1. Uninstall Download station
2. Remove (or rename) the "/share/[whatever your volume is]/.qpkg/DSv3" directory
4. Install Download station (now v.5.0.64)

Cheers!
fexnok
Starting out

Post by fexnok »

How can I add more add-ons? I'm missing 133x.to and mininova and zip file has only php files, I've created the folders but I'm missing addon.json addon.key and addon.build

Tried to copy and paste from other folders just like this

{
"author": "QNAP Systems, Inc.",
"website": "http://www.qnap.com",
"name": "1337x",
"addon": "1337x.to.php",
"class": "1337x",
"hosts": [
"1337x.to"
],
"domain": "1337x.to",
"version": 102,
"interface": [
"ISearch"
],
"qpkg_dependencies": {
"DownloadStation": "5.0.0"
},
"description": {
"ENG": "1337x.to is a website and BitTorrent tracker"
}
}

but when I try to do a search I get the following Error

Failed to load add-on error 0x6008

Thanks
dokkis
New here

Post by dokkis »

@IrishGypsy
thanks for the addOnFix, currently the only working for me is 1337.to one.
I wondering where did you find the 1337 addons because I tried to search new providers but I didn't found anything before this one.

@fexnok
From . /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/DSv3/usr/sbin I created the package using ./ds-addon -c 1337x.to _1337x then modified the addon.json in order to have just ISearch as interface and replaced the php file. From download station then from settings, add-on refresh the list and try to search something.
You can also test it through command line using: ./ds-addon -s "1337x.to" "7zip" 1

Thanks!
dokkis
New here

Post by dokkis »

I just created a new provider for Zooqle.com and ThePirateBay.org (it's broken for me the default provided by QNAP).
You can find them in my github here: https://github.com/dokkis/qnap-torrent-providers.
The release files to download are here: https://github.com/dokkis/qnap-torrent- ... s/releases.

Feels free to write me any feedback and/or suggest any other torrent providers to implement :)

If you want to thank me for this project and/or support the project to have more providers, just buy me a "beer" using http://paypal.me/dokkis :)
prospectvae
New here

Post by prospectvae »

Hey all, new here. Hoping to get some help with this. Not sure if the DS version changed in the past month or so but currently running version 5.0.69

My goal is to try and expand the sites where DS searches for different content to hopefully find the best options. It appears that DS lists these in the tab "Add-on".

I attempted to load the files that dookis and Irishgypsy attached above and get a "verification failed" error. I know that these were originally fixes to an issue with DS, but current version of DS does not have Zooqle, 1337x, or limetorrents in the search (and I was hoping for an easy solution). Regardless could not add sites through the add-on tab and that attached files above.

I found the same manual that the OP linked above and see that I might be able to add everything via SSH. I have very minimal experience using SSH and find the manual slightly confusing. I'm hoping, like the OP, that someone on the forum could give an example of what they type in to add a new site. It looks like IrishGypsy wrote a way to edit current files to correct a problem, so I'm guessing that creating something new is not the same. If there are any kind people who would be willing to do a walkthrough of what they do in SSH to add new sites it would be much appreciated by those of us who don't program. To pick one site that isn't currently in DS maybe do 1337x?

Return to “Download Station and QGet”