Rss feeds and items always marked as "new"

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
ArturPhk
Getting the hang of things

Rss feeds and items always marked as "new"

Post by ArturPhk »

Hello, this is my first post in this forum.

I'm with 4.3 stable download station in a TS-251+ version 4.2.4, and I use the site showrss.info for getting a RSS feed per show which allows me to download episodes into separate folders, which then Kodi 17 parses and displays correctly.

Everything is working OK except for the automatic scheduling of rss downloads.

Basically the download station downloads every episode of every feed each 12hours.
Isn't there a "read" bug? Why is everything marked as "new"?

Please advise.

Cheers,
Phk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ArturPhk

Re: Rss feeds and items always marked as

Post by ArturPhk »

*bump*

Here's the foto of the status of RSS Feeds:

Everything is always marked as "new", even though they have been downloaded.

I remove them once their finished, but leave the data. They are magnet links and not torrents. Maybe by removing the Magnets that's why DS thinks they need to be downloaded again?

If so, i should keep all my magnets as "stopped" and shouldn't remove them, is that it?

Thanks
ArturPhk

Re: Rss feeds and items always marked as "new"

Post by ArturPhk »

Guys, somehow the automatic fetching of the feeds stopped. Now it only works if I update each feed manually....

Can anyone help out?

ArturPhk

Re: Rss feeds and items always marked as "new"

Post by ArturPhk »

Well, I'm talking to myself here, but for the record, here's the result of this:

1. Practically impossible to schedule a rss fetch time smaller than 12h
2. To avoid re-download items in rss you need to keep them in Complete instead of deleting them (even if they're magnets)
3. Automatic download filters have a known bug so, automatically downloading items is a matter of luck

clemmy
New here

Re: RE: Re: Rss feeds and items always marked as "new"

Post by clemmy »

ArturPhk wrote: 2. To avoid re-download items in rss you need to keep them in Complete instead of deleting them (even if they're magnets)
This might be a nice feature. If you keep them in the Complete section you are still uploading to others. If you remove them, no more uploading.
ArturPhk wrote: 3. Automatic download filters have a known bug so, automatically downloading items is a matter of luck
This is bad! :(
tomllic
Starting out

Post by tomllic »

ArturPhk wrote:Well, I'm talking to myself here, but for the record, here's the result of this:

1. Practically impossible to schedule a rss fetch time smaller than 12h
2. To avoid re-download items in rss you need to keep them in Complete instead of deleting them (even if they're magnets)
3. Automatic download filters have a known bug so, automatically downloading items is a matter of luck

Sorry for the bump everyone... @ArturPhk, were you able to find a more elegant solution to problem #2?
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Hi. honestly, no. Still bugs me, and personally I just live with it.. I have transmission ready to be setup when i have some time.. maybe this august :)

Return to “Download Station and QGet”