4.3.3 Download Station Issues

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
steve500
New here

4.3.3 Download Station Issues

Post by steve500 »

Since transmission is not working under 4.3.3 right now, I figured I'd give Download Station a shot.

I really like the theoretical functionality of the application but kept running into odd issues:

First off, from Qget android application, when adding a .torrent file, the .torrent file itself would download as a task no problem but 90% of the time, the .torrent file would not begin downloading the content of the .torrent itself and initialize, only the .torrent file itself would download. Adding torrent files via magnet links was working and adding to the download tasks though...

When a torrent would finish downloading, it would show 100% completed, I would remove it from the download task list, but the file did NOT move from the temporary "incomplete" directory and into my set "completed" directory; only sometimes.

Anyone else having issues with this?
ArturPhk
Getting the hang of things

Re: 4.3.3 Download Station Issues

Post by ArturPhk »

I think you can find a lot of posts regarding files not moving.
Overall download station is buggy. Mine doesn't automatically download rss and support says it's a known bug which will take 3 month to fix.

Can you tell me why transmission doesn't work?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
oigen
First post

Post by oigen »

[Newbie] Apologies if there's anything lacking as this is my first post. I've just upgraded the firmware to 4.3.3 Build 20170413 and noticed that files with Progress=100% have a Status=Waiting ... and has been that way for 2 days now! It 'appears' that the download has completed but have not been moved to the default Download folder and is still in the temp @DownloadStationTempFiles folder.

I've just logged a Support ticket. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and any help/assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TS-469 Pro
Firmware Version: 4.3.3 Build 20170413
4-Disks
s4ms4m
First post

Post by s4ms4m »

ArturPhk wrote:I think you can find a lot of posts regarding files not moving.
Overall download station is buggy. Mine doesn't automatically download rss and support says it's a known bug which will take 3 month to fix.

4.2 x86
4.3 x64
So...
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

s4ms4m wrote:
ArturPhk wrote:Can you tell me why transmission doesn't work?
4.2 x86
4.3 x64
So...
I have QTS 4.3 on TS228 which uses 32 bit addressing (ARMv7).
I have Transmission 2.84-b25 installed, but i think its not running, at least port 8081 isn't open.

Why is the app available in the app center is if doesn't work?
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

ArturPhk wrote:
s4ms4m wrote:
4.2 x86
4.3 x64
So...
I have Transmission 2.84-b25 installed, but i think its not running, at least port 8081 isn't open.

Isn't the default port 9091?
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

s4ms4m wrote:
ArturPhk wrote:I think you can find a lot of posts regarding files not moving.

4.2 x86
4.3 x64
So...

QTransmission works fine on 64bit, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the Spigot QNAP version has

viewtopic.php?f=221&t=123816
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

ensignvorik wrote:
ArturPhk wrote:
s4ms4m wrote:
4.2 x86
4.3 x64
So...

Isn't the default port 9091?
Yup, you're right, Transmission is running OK on my QTS 4.3
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

steve500 wrote:When a torrent would finish downloading, it would show 100% completed, I would remove it from the download task list, but the file did NOT move from the temporary "incomplete" directory and into my set "completed" directory; only sometimes.
oigen wrote:I've just upgraded the firmware to 4.3.3 Build 20170413 and noticed that files with Progress=100% have a Status=Waiting ... and has been that way for 2 days now! It 'appears' that the download has completed but have not been moved to the default Download folder and is still in the temp @DownloadStationTempFiles folder.
The Download Station does move downloads after the download is completed _and_ the seeding target is reached. Key reason is that users tend to "play" with files/folders downloaded and still shared - ie. unpack, rename, remove ie .zip/.tar/.rar after unpacking, remove parts of the BT job still active ... ignoring this would break BT.
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Yes, even though some kind of file watcher should kick in and act as soon as file is available for writing (unused at the moment).
About the rss downloads, has any of you got automatic download filters to work? Can you send me the rss link and the filter, so I can see what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

RonnieRocket
Starting out

Post by RonnieRocket »

schumaku wrote:
steve500 wrote:When a torrent would finish downloading, it would show 100% completed, I would remove it from the download task list, but the file did NOT move from the temporary "incomplete" directory and into my set "completed" directory; only sometimes.
oigen wrote:I've just upgraded the firmware to 4.3.3 Build 20170413 and noticed that files with Progress=100% have a Status=Waiting ... and has been that way for 2 days now! It 'appears' that the download has completed but have not been moved to the default Download folder and is still in the temp @DownloadStationTempFiles folder.
The Download Station does move downloads after the download is completed _and_ the seeding target is reached. Key reason is that users tend to "play" with files/folders downloaded and still shared - ie. unpack, rename, remove ie .zip/.tar/.rar after unpacking, remove parts of the BT job still active ... ignoring this would break BT.
Hi, what the feeding target is? The past version doesn't have this problem, at 100% the file was transfered from the temp to the target folder.
Thanks for your response.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

There are multiple 100% - the first is the download, the second is the reach of the sharing rate (default is 1,5 or 150% to add one more % number). And no, this was and is the same since day one of Download Station.
RonnieRocket
Starting out

Post by RonnieRocket »

oigen wrote:[Newbie] Apologies if there's anything lacking as this is my first post. I've just upgraded the firmware to 4.3.3 Build 20170413 and noticed that files with Progress=100% have a Status=Waiting ... and has been that way for 2 days now! It 'appears' that the download has completed but have not been moved to the default Download folder and is still in the temp @DownloadStationTempFiles folder.

I've just logged a Support ticket. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and any help/assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TS-469 Pro
Firmware Version: 4.3.3 Build 20170413
4-Disks
Hi Oigen, I'm experiencing the same issue, the files have been moved on the target folder only when I pushed the STOP button on the bar at the top of DLStation. In the previous version when the download was finished the file jumped directly in the right folder...Now is very annoying...

4.3.3: a lot of problems, with plex media player too...
mytonooka
New here

Post by mytonooka »

I can't download any .torrent.
Do you have the same problems?
cbois
New here

Post by cbois »

I"m having issues with Download station 5 on QTS 4.3.3.0154 (newest). I used to download a lot of files with FTP and nothing completes. All say, "Failed" almost as soon as it's started. It appears to be the same with HTTP files as well. Worked fine before the new firmware. Any one else experiencing same?

Return to “Download Station and QGet”