Download Station 5 throttling downloads

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
cheech47
New here

Download Station 5 throttling downloads

Post by cheech47 »

So for the longest time I had uploads throttled from earlier versions of DS without issue. I'm not sure when the problem first started happening, but I've been noticing my download speed from BT was hovering at 1 MB/s, even though other BT clients I run in VM's are anywhere from 2-10MB. After running through some forum entries, I discovered that whatever you have your upload throttled to (in my case, 1kb. Yeah, I'm that guy sometimes.), DS 5 throttles your download by a factor of 1000, so 1Mb. It doesn't seem to matter what you put into the download field, that factor of 1000 seems to overrule everything else.

Wanted to publish this in case anyone else was running into the same thing, I was getting pretty despondent in trying to find a suitable replacement for the DS app.
dimelo0918
First post

Re: Download Station 5 throttling downloads

Post by dimelo0918 »

This was exactly the same issue I ran into last week and just resolved it thanks you your post @cheech47

PS: I am that guy too.. but it's always worked until last week. Anyway, happy camper again!

Return to “Download Station and QGet”