Download station download "failed"

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Paansarkija
New here

Download station download "failed"

Post by Paansarkija »

Hello all. New with user with qnap 251+ here.

Lately i have been experiencing following kind of situation which i didn't find any other information:

My download station might work like it's suppose to for a while but suddenly it just says that download is "failed" in the status bar. I Don't know if the 'failed' word is the correct word in english since i'm using the Finnish version.
So it might download some file fine at start, then it stops, i start it again, it might download it fully after that or do the same thing again.

Lately i have tried with new uploads and it fails them right at the start and starting the download again doesn't help.

Could someone help me, please?
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Download station download "failed"

Post by Toxic17 »

would you care to let us know what you are downloading and what method?

Code: Select all

http://, https://, ftp://, ftps://, qqdl://, thunder:// flashget://, magnet://,  Torrent file?
what percentage of the file is it stopping at? can you download anything 100% ? or does everything fail?

are you running the latest firmware update (QTS 4.3.3.0262) and download station 5.0.48 ?
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
Paansarkija
New here

Post by Paansarkija »

Toxic17 wrote:would you care to let us know what you are downloading and what method?

Code: Select all

http://, https://, ftp://, ftps://, qqdl://, thunder:// flashget://, magnet://,  Torrent file?
what percentage of the file is it stopping at? can you download anything 100% ? or does everything fail?

are you running the latest firmware update (QTS 4.3.3.0262) and download station 5.0.48 ?
I'm downloading torrent files.

The percentage seems to be completely random. I don't download often, but sometimes i seem to get something to 100% but lately some of the torrents haven't even started properly.

I'm using the versions you mentioned. Newest.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

So your torrents dont always work. The fact is torrents are shared segments of files and some files maybe even incomplete, so there is no guarantee you will get the full download.

ISP's also have a tendency to block files and links without you ever knowing. So its a hit and miss affair.

does your ISP allow you to share torrents? (uploads)
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository

Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
Paansarkija
New here

Post by Paansarkija »

I don't think this is an issue with the torrents itself. I have a home pc at sitting right next to the NAS with same isp and it has absolutely no problem even with the exact same torrent that i failed to download with the NAS.
And it worked just fine for about 2 months, but now it doesn't.
adventureboy
New here

Post by adventureboy »

Hi, I am having the same problem. All downloads simply end with status "Failed". It used to work fine but the downloads no longer work. I cannot find any additional information or logs on the issue. Seems similar to Paansarkija's issue.
Mirakoolz
Starting out

Post by Mirakoolz »

i have the same issue. just recently. torrents become marked as failed as soon as i hit the Download Button. weird.

any chance any of you are running Virtual Station?
my downloads all fail after creating VMs
QNAP TS-853-Pro 16GB
8x 3TB WD Red
RAID 6 - 1 Storage Pool
QTS 4.3.3
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

I suggest you Submit a Ticket then with QNAP, if it is a bug, it will not be fixed unless QNAP can replicate the issue and know of it. QNAP does not monitor this forum for issues/bugs, so please Submit a ticket with your Issue.

https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository

multimediawatcher
New here

Post by multimediawatcher »

I am having the exact same issue. Qnap claims they can't reproduce, but this is clearly an issue.
kevk74
New here

Post by kevk74 »

Happening FREQUENTLY now. I have discovered if I immediately add the torrent file after it fails from downloadstation in QManager app, I can add the torrent file from utorrent using a LAPTOP and downstation in QTS and start it by using the "add the torrent file" (vs URL) option and then find the utorrent generated torrent file and choose and it begins the torrent in download station perfectly? I'm just trying to create the said technique using just QNAP phone apps so I don't need to drag my $3000 mac with me. it particularly seems to happen with TV show torrents episodes? My entire goal was to be able to leave my laptop at home and use MY home wifi not a visiting guests out of courtesy. I have process working but need to do it without laptop QTS login to downloadstation :(
bernardos70
New here

Post by bernardos70 »

Here's what fixed it for me.

1. Checked my IP address externally by going to http://www.whatismyip.com and realized it was an IPv6 address (6 sets of 4-digit hex numbers) instead of an old IPv4 address;

2. Logged into my NAS, went to the network settings, then interface;

3. Enabled IPv6 by clicking the IPv6 Button on that page and clicking enable; the NAS said It would have to restart for changes to take effect, I OK'd that, and after the restart it worked as before.

The error I was getting was that any and all downloads failed right at the beginning of the download process (it would sometimes download exactly 452kb and then fail).

Hopefully this helps somebody.

EDIT: It seems I spoke too soon. That worked for exactly one time.

EDIT 2: So bit torrents apparently still work, but HTTPS downloads are still giving me trouble. Worth a try I think.
Q251Owner
New here

Post by Q251Owner »

Same problem...

TS-251
4.3.3.0262 Build 20170727

Using Download Manager (Chrome/Safari/Firefox) fails 30min + after download starts outside local network, internal networks is fine. Web resume's fail...

I'm going to roll back my firmware this weekend and re-test. Will provide an update.
bernardos70
New here

Post by bernardos70 »

I fixed mine, but how I fixed it was very weird. Uninstalled download station, found an older version and installed it. Not only did they not work, now I couldn't even open it because it was permanently offline. So I updated it to the newest version and it started working again. So in other words, just uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version does nothing. But installing an old version and upgrading it works. Go figure.
Q251Owner
New here

Post by Q251Owner »

At this point I can't say my issue is as similar as previously thought.

After swapping routers, rolling back firmware, running countless tests I've found downloads fail if downloading using file station on a mac. PC works just fine....

Had a friend download several files, on both mac and PC and each time the mac would fail and the PC worked fine. Then had another friend try on his mac and it failed as well..

I've tried everything and have no idea why this would be the case, and apparently started happening roughly 8 weeks ago.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”