Many torrents not starting anymore TS 209 Pro

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
klintistwoood
New here

Many torrents not starting anymore TS 209 Pro

Post by klintistwoood »

Hello all,

I have a very old Qnap TS 209 Pro, I have used this NAS for years without any issues but a couple of weeks ago, I started having trouble with torrent downloads.
I have changed anything to my NAS or my router but most of the torrents I'm downloading do not even start while some (a minority) work just like before.
I have another NAS (from Synology) where I have uploaded the non working torrents from the Qnap and there torrents start immediately and I can download them without any issue.

I have tried the following things:
- enable / disable Upnp
- change port
- forwarded new ports to NAS through the router
- updated the NAS to the latest firmware version

Nothing solved the issue.
I have tried to download a newer version of download station or transmission but the only version I have found are not compatible with my NAS.

Any idea of what's going wrong?

Thanks
Don
Guru

Re: Many torrents not starting anymore TS 209 Pro

Post by Don »

Could be that the versions of download station and transmission are so old that they are no longer being accepted by other BT programs.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
klintistwoood
New here

Post by klintistwoood »

Could be but why are some torrents still working? I It looks like something in the network protocol is not working anymore but I don't have logs to see what's happening.

Do you know where I could find more recent compatible versions of download station? The one that can be downloaded from Qnap doesn't work but I don't know where the archive is. I have never updated the application, I only updated the global firmware.

Thanks!
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Maybe some BT programs still accept the BT version you are using. That is why so torrents work. It depends on who is hosting them.

The x09 series hasn't been supported in a very long time and people stopped keeping apps up to date for them due to the different ARM architecture. You can search the forum to see if there are more recent versions of transmission that will work.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
barkleystuart
First post

Post by barkleystuart »

I am having this same problem. Has anyone found a solution? thanks
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Yes. Upgrade to a supported NAS and firmware.

Topic locked due to necroposting.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”