Download station for Itunes movies

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Sootchucker
New here

Download station for Itunes movies

Post by Sootchucker »

HI all, bit of a newbie to this QNAP stuff as I've only had my TS-453A for about a month now.

My question is this (I think the answer is no but thought I'd ask).

I have a number of movies purchased though Itunes (legally), which I used to just stream from the web to by TV using my Apple TV (Gen2). I no longer have the Apple TV, so want to actually download the movies onto the QNAP. I know I can go into iTunes and click the "cloud" button next to my movie purchases and that will download locally, but If I'm at work, I don't really want to be using the company's WIFI to download (for instance) 32gb of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

I was wondering if there was anyway to use Download station to download the movies on my home based TS-453A (as my home broadband is 200+ mbs anyway so much faster than work), or do they have to be done inside a local iTunes only ? I know I can do this at home, but if (for instance) during my lunch break at work I see a movies I'd like, I would have like to be able to purchase it at work, but download on my QNAP at home, as it would not only be much faster, but would then reside on the very device it was meant to be on (rather than transferring via USB HDD).

Return to “Download Station and QGet”