FTP Folder Download

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Pocdck
Starting out

FTP Folder Download

Post by Pocdck »

Have searched through the forums and can't find a solution to this problem.
I just want Download Station to download the content of entire folders directly to the NAS as I currently do via FTP with Transmit. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks
schumaku
Guru

Re: FTP Folder Download

Post by schumaku »

Consider using QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync instead -> https://www.qnap.com/solution/hybrid-backup-sync/en/
Pocdck
Starting out

Post by Pocdck »

That seems unnecessarily unwieldy. Does that mean that Qnap do not have an FTP client that would allow me to drag and drop files from remote location to NAS?
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

You could just create an FTP remote connection in File Station and drag and drop from there if you just want a manual method.
Pocdck
Starting out

Post by Pocdck »

OK, so I did that. It does work, but the connection doesn't seem very stable. I connect, start the transfer, it works for a while, but then the speeds drop to 0. Any idea what I should check?
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

How stable is the FTP location you are copying from?
Go into Putty/SSH and ping the FTP location, what is the latency like?
Pocdck
Starting out

Post by Pocdck »

It's stable. I use Transmit without any problems. I just don't want to have to use my laptop to supervise transfers.

If I drag a single folder from the remote location to the QNAP it begins the transfer, the speeds are high, then they drop to 0, then they go back up or not. When I drag more folders across it always interrupts the transfers, they both sit at 0. It seems to take a long time for the second transfer to map remote directory, bring up file size etc. In Transmit I simply drag across, it starts, then individual transfer speeds are constant and the whole process is reliable. With the QNAP it sometimes sits there not transferring data. Are these simply the vagaries of File Station?

Return to “Download Station and QGet”