Download Station Access denied

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
dhlao
Starting out

Download Station Access denied

Post by dhlao »

QTS version is 4.3.4.0427
After install and click Open. Show "Access denied".
Happy new year QNAP. Is Download Station not available in 2018? What can I say?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don
Guru

Re: Download Station Access denied

Post by Don »

Did you give access to whatever user you are trying to access DL Station with?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
dhlao
Starting out

Post by dhlao »

Thanks Don.
I don't know "Download Station" default set to no one can access (include admin)
The problem fixed now
Q-napTime
Starting out

Post by Q-napTime »

I have the same issue. I've granted read-write privileges to the Download and Multimedia folders created after the installation of Download Station and restarted the NAS. But when I sign on as admin or the alternative administrative account I created, I get the "access denied" error. The app works fine on my other 671-TVS model. Is there something else I need to grant access to? I installed Download Station so long ago, on my other NAS I forget what setting I changed to get rid of the access error.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Q-napTime wrote:I've granted read-write privileges to the Download and Multimedia folders created after the installation of Download Station and restarted the NAS. But when I sign on as admin or the alternative administrative account I created, I get the "access denied" error.
Did you also grant 'application' permission for your user? This is separate from 'file' permissions.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Q-napTime
Starting out

Post by Q-napTime »

Problem solved. It's working now for second user login but not the primary administrative account I created to replace the default "Admin" account. That worked on my other 671 but not this one for some reason.
Strick
First post

Post by Strick »

I'm suddenly having the same access problem with Download Station after a factory reset. I've tried changing the application access rights for Admin, but there's no button to do that for Admin on the Privilege screen. There is an application access button on a new user I created, but every time I grant access to Download Station to that user, it's unchecked when I come back to see if the grant was successful.

Suggestions?
stanzani
Know my way around

Post by stanzani »

I have the same issue. I disabled the admin account as suggested and created a new account with admin rights: I then cannot use download station
TS-531P Annapurna
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Download Station and QGet”