Download Station not working after firmware updates

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
biker972
New here

Re: Download Station not working after firmware updates

Post by biker972 »

I'm on DS 5.2.0 and it doesn't work for me :(
I'm not using any VPN, hope that this is not the main reason, but before month or two, everything worked perfect
ornitus
Starting out

Post by ornitus »

So guys, I have contacted QNAP support and after they requested me for sending sample of torrent file which doesn't work, I did some research and I tried to find some "legal" torrent and try to download via DS.
And voilà la that files worked perfectly! I also googled for some information and qnap itself writes here: https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... d-station/:
Important: The Download Station is provided for downloading authorized files only. Downloading or distributing unauthorized materials is against the law and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Users should be aware of copyright restrictions and will be held responsible for the consequences of their actions.
So please do the test for use realy legal torrent file! I tried this torrent, which works: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... EN.torrent (deprecated version of Digital Combat Simulator)...

So in other words, if you are using DS for downloading "illegal torrent files", QNAP DS restrict this download! For such files you have to use some other clients :-(...
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

I can think of no possible way Download Station would be able to tell the difference between “legal” and “illegal” torrents. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
biker972
New here

Post by biker972 »

ornitus wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:30 pm So guys, I have contacted QNAP support and after they requested me for sending sample of torrent file which doesn't work, I did some research and I tried to find some "legal" torrent and try to download via DS.
And voilà la that files worked perfectly! I also googled for some information and qnap itself writes here: https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... d-station/:
Important: The Download Station is provided for downloading authorized files only. Downloading or distributing unauthorized materials is against the law and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Users should be aware of copyright restrictions and will be held responsible for the consequences of their actions.
So please do the test for use realy legal torrent file! I tried this torrent, which works: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... EN.torrent (deprecated version of Digital Combat Simulator)...

So in other words, if you are using DS for downloading "illegal torrent files", QNAP DS restrict this download! For such files you have to use some other clients :-(...
Yes, you are right it works with the torrent you provided, unrotunatelly how to solve to work with the other torrents
ornitus
Starting out

Post by ornitus »

OneCD wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:36 pm I can think of no possible way Download Station would be able to tell the difference between “legal” and “illegal” torrents. ;)
OK, then you have probably better answer and also can provide with some solution ;-). Does your download work?
Btw., the way for blacklisting torrents is possible, and applicable, it is enough to block the most of torrent tracker which provide "illegal content" etc... Of course it will be not 100% correct, but will unpleasant most of users...
Ron1963
Been there, done that

Post by Ron1963 »

No problem here with DS 5.2.0.117, no VPN. Don't ask me how I know ;-) Maybe your ISP is blocking stuff.
1x TS251, 1x TS251D, 1x TS253
biker972
New here

Post by biker972 »

Ron1963 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 pm No problem here with DS 5.2.0.117, no VPN. Don't ask me how I know ;-) Maybe your ISP is blocking stuff.
I'm sure that it is not related to ISP because uTorrent works perfect from mac os or win
ornitus
Starting out

Post by ornitus »

biker972 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:36 pm
Ron1963 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 pm No problem here with DS 5.2.0.117, no VPN. Don't ask me how I know ;-) Maybe your ISP is blocking stuff.
I'm sure that it is not related to ISP because uTorrent works perfect from mac os or win
Exactly, it has nothing to do with ISP.
As mentioned before, e.g. qBittorrent client on QNAP is working with any torrent file on same NAS, but DS is not working.
Could you provide any torrent file which is working for you on DS, just to confirm my version?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

ornitus wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:50 pm OK, then you have probably better answer and also can provide with some solution ;-). Does your download work?
I've just tested this in vQTS 4.3.5.0760 #20181114 with Download Station 5.2.0 and it works fine.

I'm not a lawyer (neither is Download Station), but it's entirely possible the torrent I used could be considered "illegal". ;)

You already have a solution: use a different torrent client.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ron1963
Been there, done that

Post by Ron1963 »

For reference, these are my BT settings, no proxy or VPN. I am on fw 4.3.6.0776 (revoked) on a TS251 but was not having DS trouble with any 4.3.5 I installed before.
Capture.JPG
Sources for my files are pirate, rarbg and rutrader, I'm not sharing any files here, the're easy to find. @ornitus @biker972 I'm willing to test a torrent which causes trouble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lukaspre
New here

Post by lukaspre »

Hello,
what should i use the torrent download application on my TS-231P? Can you please send a link? Thanks
Ron1963
Been there, done that

Post by Ron1963 »

lukaspre wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm Hello,
what should i use the torrent download application on my TS-231P? Can you please send a link? Thanks
If Download Station has not been installed during installation already it can be installed out of the AppCenter in the Download section of it.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biker972
New here

Post by biker972 »

Ron1963 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:03 pm For reference, these are my BT settings, no proxy or VPN. I am on fw 4.3.6.0776 (revoked) on a TS251 but was not having DS trouble with any 4.3.5 I installed before.
Capture.JPG

Sources for my files are pirate, rarbg and rutrader, I'm not sharing any files here, the're easy to find. @ornitus @biker972 I'm willing to test a torrent which causes trouble.
You are right, it is working for me either, only with one PT not working, don't know why, it works with uTorrent on mac na win
Thanks!!!
lukaspre
New here

Post by lukaspre »

Ron1963 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:04 pm
lukaspre wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm Hello,
If Download Station has not been installed during installation already it can be installed out of the AppCenter in the Download section of it.
Capture.JPG
Sorry. Download Station knows how to download. I was thinking of an alternative to downloading a torrent. Can QBittorrent be installed on TS-231? Or another client?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Running DS with no issues. I can download any torrent file.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Download Station and QGet”