Download Station 5.5.1 random crashes/freezes

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
briareos_kerensky
Starting out

Download Station 5.5.1 random crashes/freezes

Post by briareos_kerensky » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:10 pm

I've bought a TVS-872XT to replace my old trusty 653A because I was running out of space.
The NAS works like a charm, but I'm having trouble with Download Station. I normally submit my torrent tasks through Qget.

After Download Station working fine for a couple of weeks, I got the first hang after submitting a torrent. As the torrent was quite big (15GB) I thought it was due to its size. However, in the past three days I keep experiencing the same problem, multiple times a day.

Early in the morning I submit some tasks via Qget; everything is accepted and runs without problems.
I log in a second time (again Qget) to submit more tasks, the first torrent waits for 10-15 seconds and I get a "failed" error. Then this happens with all subsequent tasks. Still in Qget, I go to the download page and I see no tasks.
I log into the NAS via the web interface, go to Download Station, no tasks are shown. If I go to the download directory the completed files are there, along incomplete tasks in the temporary directory.
The only way to get Download Station responsive again is to stop/restart it in the App Center. If I do this some of the tasks are automatically picked up (often they start to download again from the beginning), others aren't on the list. At times it's even worse, the only way to get Download Station up and running again is to uninstall and reinstall it. And even then, I have no garauntee it'll stay up.

I've been trying to discern what is causing this: non-English characters (like Japanese), filename lenght, file size, any forbidden characters, number of tasks in Download Station...I can't find anything. A torrent that was "rejected" could work just fine after a stop/restart.

Any suggestions?

Ron1963
Easy as a breeze

Re: Download Station 5.5.1 random crashes/freezes

Post by Ron1963 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 pm

If you add a task through the webinterface after login on the NAS, does that work OK? I see there are newer versions available, see https://www.qnap.com/en-us/app_releasen ... oadStation so changing to another version by either an upgrade or downgrade might solve your problem. I run 5.2.1.124 on a TS251 without any issue. However I don't use Qget.
1x TS431, 1x TS251, 1x TS253

briareos_kerensky
Starting out

Re: Download Station 5.5.1 random crashes/freezes

Post by briareos_kerensky » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 am

The problem is still present if I submit tasks from the web interface. Newer versions are linked to beta firmware, 5.5.1 is the latest version the App Center shows.
In the meantime I've opened a support ticket and they suggested to doanload a beta firmware and use the DS version that comes with it (5.6.3.148), and so far it's holding up.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”