Download sation and QVPN

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
jonn_en
New here

Download sation and QVPN

Post by jonn_en »

I have PIA VPN which is always connected on my NAS and is my default gateway. A few releases prior Download station use to use the VPN correctly and all traffic was directed through it but I have started noticing that not all traffic is routed through the VPN,in fact most of the traffic going through Download Station is through the physical network interface, see the screenshot below.
VPN-NetworkInterface.png
Any idea why this could be happening, looks like a leak to me.

P.S. I have tried the Connect To option from App Centre but that seem to kill my network including LAN. cant open even the NAS web interface when Download Station is downloading. Not sure if anything has changed on Download station recently
Connect to.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mengg
First post

Re: Download sation and QVPN

Post by Mengg »

Hi jonn_en

One of the issues I have had with DownloadStation is with the QVPN client. When I checked Control Panel ---> System Status ---> Network Status ---> DNS the VPN interface remains present after I have disconnected the client. I reset the network interface on the QNAP, reconnect the VPN client and it is good to go. When the firmware was upgraded in October 2020 the QVPN/DownloadStation went to **. Wish I could be more helpful. I connect the NAS to unmanaged switch --> router ---> ISP modem.

Steve
JoWa421
First post

Post by JoWa421 »

Hi, I experience the same issue as you are john_en. See screenshot.
Did you came up with a solution?
Skärmklipp.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shraky
Starting out

Post by shraky »

My PIA VPN setup on Download Station BT Proxy not working at all on my 452D FW 4.5.2.1594 while same setting working perfectly on my 269L FW 4.3.4.0752. Not sure why either

Return to “Download Station and QGet”