How to use Download station for RSS

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
john byrne
Getting the hang of things

How to use Download station for RSS

Post by john byrne »

Hi all,

I'm struggling to manage RSS feeds in download station. I want to download podcasts and put them into my multimedia folder. I have 2 feeds and got 30 files from 1 and 10 files from the other. That was about 24hrs ago. I don't know how to tell it to get the rest. Am I missing something? Is there a how-to guide other than the superficial QNAP one?

I know there are more files to download. How do I tell it to get them?

QNAP: TS421
Firmware: 4.3.3.1432 build 20201006
Download Station: 5.0.98 build 20180918
john byrne

Re: How to use Download station for RSS

Post by john byrne »

Update.
I've added another podcast RSS feed and it behaves differently. I have 3 podcast feeds set up. Each has in excess of 200 available. In Download Station Podcast 1 shows 30 available and 30 downloaded. Podcast 2 shows 10 available and 10 downloaded, podcast 3 shows 100 available and 19 downloaded.
What I don't know is:
1 - why do they not show all the available podcasts?
2 - Why don't they automatically download, even if it's every 12 hours?

Is there a better app for doing this than DS?
john byrne

Post by john byrne »

Ok, no answers from the forum but for future users of Download Station here's the solution.

I think my problem of not seeing all available downloads was caused by me using the wrong URL. I found another which did list all the available episodes.

The problem of them not downloading was the lack of a filter. To download automatically a filter needs to be set. The fields "Keyword:", Doesn't contain:" and "Episode Number" can all be blank.
Once a filter was set the whole series started automatically downloading.
cubicgarden
New here

Post by cubicgarden »

Not very useful to you but I ended up using Podget - https://github.com/dvehrs/podget, inside a Ubuntu virtual machine.
I set it up to download every 90mins and it pulls from my TinytinyRSS, ultimately downloading about 200+ feeds.
Its pretty flexible so you can set it up the way you need it for.

I did try and install it directly to my Qnap but wasn't sure how the Cron works, so ended up using Ubuntu.
Could imagine using container station with a Debian install just doing the same for you

Return to “Download Station and QGet”