Download station spec

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
tomasz
Starting out

Download station spec

Post by tomasz »

Is there a published spec for Download Station communication? I'd like to write a browser extension so that I can easily add torrents. I have most of the pieces working but would feel better if there was a published spec I could check against.
QNAP TS-419P+ 3.5.2 build 1126T
Raid-1 (2) Seagate ST32000641AS CC13
leadcage
New here

Re: Download station spec

Post by leadcage »

Way to revive a really old thread. :-)

But I too would like something similar to the very handy synology download station browser extension, and since this does not exist for QNAP I'm trying to get an idea of how big of an effort it would be to create it. OP Tomasz did you have any luck with this? I'm suspecting that the reason this does not alreadyy exist is because there is no api towards download station. Only thing similar i've found is the happyget 2 extension which allows for sendiing url's and torrents via happyget to dowlnoad station, but that solution does not have any features at all apart from blindly sending URL/torrent and praying that they will eventually get downloaded.

So here are some open questions to everyone:

1. is there an api for communicating with download station? For things like adding and removing download jobs and querying the status of global and individual downloads. Etc etc.
2. How does the happyget 2 browser extension add download jobs to download manager if not using an API?
3. I never coded a browser extension. Are there methods (in Chrome or otherwise) for hooking into any new download the user has triggered s so that I can intercept and redirect?

Return to “Download Station and QGet”