Several bugs in Download Station

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Kmeister
New here

Several bugs in Download Station

Post by Kmeister »

I bought a 109 last week, and I have found some quite irritating bugs with the Download Station.

First of all, sometimes when you select a download to pause, nothing happens. The page reloads, but the download is still there. It can take a couple of tries before it actually pauses.

Another thing that bothers me, is that sometimes already finished downloads show up again on the "Run list", even though they've already been transfered to the "Finish list", and are 100% complete and the sharetime is set to 0 hours.

Lastly, and most troublesome, is that I've gotten a couple of torrents that's been transfered to the "Finish list" even though they are not complete. Some hade only downloaded 25%, 30% etc, still the Download Station tells me they are finished. The only solution to me seems to be to redownload.
QNAPIvan
Experience counts

Post by QNAPIvan »

Dear Kmeister:

The 3rd issue was re-produced here and we are expecting a fix soon.

For the 1st and 2nd issue you mentioned are strange.
About the 1st issue (pause but notthing happend), is it a frequent issue? It is abnormal and I didn't see it before. We will keep monitoring it.

About the 2nd (finished but appear in the run list). It is also a strange issue that I didn't encounter before, if it possible for you to share me the torrent file you have? I would like to duplicate the issue on my NAS. (my email: ivanhsu@qnap.com )

Sorry for inconvenience.

Cheers,
USA Technical Support: +1 909 595 2782
tigerjuju
Starting out

Post by tigerjuju »

I have TS-209 Pro with FW v1.1.1. I have been using it for about a month now.

I have also been seeing all 3 issues.

Issue 1: it happens most frequently out of the 3. It's not limited to the Run List. Pause List would do the same. If I select a torrent to pause/restart, it will not happen until the 2nd try. I usually try to refresh the page before I give it a second try. That seems to work most of the time. Might be a javascript or some kind of caching issue where the selected torrent might not have a matching id expected by the server (just guessing)

Issue 2: I have only see this issue 2 times so far. But I did see completed torrent showing up in run list. I can't remember how I got over that, but I think i just refreshed the page and it went away.

Issue 3: this happens a bit less than issue 1, but I can see it being much more troubling. GOOD NEWS: I have discovered a work-around. Simply delete the torrent from the complete list and choose to keep files already downloaded. Re-add the torrent file as a new job. After Download Station did the initial scanning, it will start the download picking up from where it was left off so you won't have to start your torrent job all over again. I think you need to use the same original torrent file with the same file name to have this work.

For the reason if issue 3 and the work-around I've discovered, I highly recommend you keep a copy of the original torrent file until the job is completed. If you are tech savy enough and you have not yet deleted the torrent job, you can login to the QNAP via SSH or Telnet and retrieve the torrent file from the following directory:
/etc/config/torrent/torrent

I hope this post will help many other QNAP users until QNAP fixes the issue.
tigerjuju
Starting out

Post by tigerjuju »

I've applied the latest firmware 1.1.2 for my TS-209 PRO. My first completed torrent download after the firmware update now did not go to the Finish List. Instead it stayed in the Run List, with the "Time Left" showing "Succeeded" (or some word like that).

Is this expected with new firmware? If so, what's the difference btwn a completed torrent in the Run List vs the Finsh List?

Return to “Download Station and QGet”