Referrer download links and Download Station/QGet

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
egon
Starting out

Referrer download links and Download Station/QGet

Post by egon »

Hi,

I have a QNAP TS-109 Pro. I installed all software that came with it.

Now, the problem that I have with Download Station and QGet (it doesn't matter which one I use, the result is the same) is that I can't properly download referrer download links.

The website doesn't give me a direct download link (ending with the file name) but a referrer download link. Nonetheless, the downloads can be used by any common download manager and pausing/stopping/resuming is possible.

The links look like this (I modified the link because the links are from my personal account on this website):
http://80.257.208.268/21889511_E482E593 ... 3680/?m=dl

And they all look like this, just the numbers and letters differ, but the ending is always ?m=dl.

Handing this link to Download Station or QGet does indeed start a download but two problems occur:
1) The download file gets a very strange name (wild mix of letters and numbers, no extension), not the one that it gets when using my standard download manager in Windows. This is not too big a problem as long as I download only one file and remember what it was. I can manually rename the file later. But it is anything but convenient, of course.
2) As soon as I start more than one download from this website, I only get one single file in my Qdownload folder.

Is there any way to make Download Station or QGet handle these indirect download links properly? Can files be given individual user-chosen names in Download Station or QGet before starting the download or is the name always determined by the server delivering the file?

Regards,
Egon
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi egon,

i've forwarded your problem to the tech support and they will ahve a look at your problem.

so you are saying if you use a pc torrent client and it will download the torrent file? might have to dl them from pc and transfer the torrent to the nas just in the mean time.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
egon
Starting out

Post by egon »

Hi Andy,

I have never purposely used a torrent client, so I don't think the downloads are torrent files. Until now, I have used a regular free download manager and it worked with anything that can be downloaded from the web via hyperlinks (HTTP or FTP).

Can you tell me how I would recognize whether the downloads are torrent files?

I am not sure because I know almost nothing about the torrent protocol, but I don't think the files are torrent downloads for the reason that Save.TV is not a file sharing service. Every registered user has his/her own account and a limited amount of space for his/her personal TV recordings. So, it is sort of personalized, and before the files (XVid format AVI files) can be selected for download one has to log in. However, after logging in and having selected the downloads it is not necessary any longer to stay logged in. The downloads do not require any login and resuming the downloads is also possible without having to log in. I guess the links are always created specifically for an account, therefore they look so strange - I suppose.

Egon
Last edited by egon on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi Egon,

Sorry i didn't look at it closely but i got you now. i know the site would dynamically generate an address every time you dl a file and i will address this issue to our engineers and investigate further on it. will let you know the outcome.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Andy
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]

Return to “Download Station and QGet”