Download Station not working

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
lblack
New here

Re: Download Station not working

Post by lblack »

After upgrading the TS-869-RP to firmware 4.0.5 from 3.8.x, and re-installing Download Center version 3.0.1, i've been unable to enable the app. I had to resort to installing Transmission, but even that app is unaccesible under the normal link (https://(nas-ip):8081/transmission hits an error page from the NAS). I've read on other threads to uninstall/reinstall but that hasn't fixed the problem with Download Center. I've read a solution is to re-flash the NAS firmware, but i've been weary of trying that just for the app to work.

Help?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

lblack wrote:I've read a solution is to re-flash the NAS firmware, but i've been weary of trying that just for the app to work.
Help?
Just do it ... -> http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware if the installation is in question.
lblack wrote:I'm having the same issue after upgrading to 4.0.5 from 3.8.x, after installing Download Station 3.0.1 it just won't start. Tried the language selector, uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail, even manually installed it and the behavior is the same: the app is installed but "off" and won't turn on. This on a TS-869-RP
Most likely completely unrelated to the firmware installation or the Download Station: QTS 4.0.5 defaults the TS-x to all home user features disabled - Go to system Settings -> General Settings

Un-tick the "Disable and hide multimedia/home features", Apply, ....and start the Download Station now.

Future QTS 4.1(.x?) builds will inform the user about this situation, offering to unlock the disable and hide by the way.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

hkkenw wrote:there is no this option in my nas. I am using ts-210 with the latest firmware...
Sorry, my bad - this was mainly in reply to lblack.

"Latest firmware" is (sorry to say) useless information - always provide version and build umber please.

Any Have already tried to remove finished jobs from the Download Station for example?
holbi
New here

Post by holbi »

Hi,

I just upgraded to TS-496L. I installed FW 4.05, and for a day or two the Donwload Station was working fine. Then I changed the IP address, the name of the NAS, and from that moment on the DL Station was not working. I have tried it all:

1. Uninstall and re-install the DL Station. Works very well, it also appears in the app-center, but with the button saying "Off". When I try to switch it on, it does not do it.

2. Uninstalled the DL Station, rebooted the NAS and re-installed the DL Station again. Same effect

3. Uninstalled the DL-station, then re-installed Firmware 4.05 (which automatically installs the DL station). Once the reboot after the installation was finished, the DL Station was again there in the app-center, again "off", and again I could not start it.

4. In earlier times when I had such issues I was successful in starting the DL station from the iPhone app, but that also does not work this time.

So currently there is no way how I can get the DL station started. Bummer! :( :?: :?

I am happy to receive any tips on how I can get it going again.

holbi
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Disabled the home/multimedia features as explained a few post back here http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 80#p385690 ?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

hkkenw wrote:no this option for me.
This feature is available on the larger NAS models - and it does prohibit the start of the related Apps in the App Center. Yes - I'm sorry this does again not apply to the issue you are experiencing.

No idea what causes your Download Station ceased from operations - without some more insight it's not possible to give assistance. It might be required to remove existing entries, it might be required to create a new download station database, ... Consider to contact QNAP Customer Service http://helpdesk.qnap.com/
holbi
New here

Post by holbi »

Hi schumaku, the tip worked, and my DL Station is now up again.

Thank you for your help

holbi
tinktoy
New here

Post by tinktoy »

Now it is 2021 I have never been able to get Download Station to work properly. Out of 20 attempts 1 file will start the download process and finish.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Download Station and QGet”