Why the speed is 0~2KB/s for all my download tasks ?????

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Audiquattro
New here

Re: Why the speed is 0~2KB/s for all my download tasks ?????

Post by Audiquattro »

I have the same problem with a TS212 on firmware 3.7.1. Tried everything but nothing worked. It's weird because when I download with Transmission it downloads at full speed. But I just can't get Qget working properly.
SystemAdmin
First post

Post by SystemAdmin »

To all,

I seem to have the same problem.

I've bought the QNAP TS-419P II recently and have updated the firmware.

I've tried out the download station and have found the download performance terrible.

slow and triggers off.

I've rebooted it several times and done port forwarding and no difference.

I've used a Virtual PC with Windows XP mode and used Tixaxti Bit Torrent client as a test for the same BT link and the download were fast and I was able to download the items I want.

What gives? QNAP tech support tells me to look here for some help and from what I'm seeing, everyone is having the same problem.

catch 20/20...
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Well - almost all posters here are hit by the same issue, and fail to read Ivan's the original post, explaining about the need to working port forwards.

The other potential issue very few people complain: Private trackers seem to kick and ban the NAS Download Station (DSv3, introduced with v3.8.x) for still _unknown_ reasons. Appears the private tacker operators are not willing to tell their customers / trustees _why_. So impossible for QNAP to change anything.

[udate] Yes, limiting the upload (sharing, to the Internet) bandwidth on Download Station does implicitly limit the max download rate (Internet to the NAS) by a factor of 10. Thank you (non-QNAP-)Jason for the additional common cause. AFAIK this limitation is gone in DSv3 (available since v3.8)[/update]

That's all there is ... no rocket science. closing this endless "my DS does not work or is slow* thread now.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”