Why the speed is 0~2KB/s for all my download tasks ?????

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
quantum28
Starting out

Re: Why the speed is 0~2KB/s for all my download tasks ?????

Post by quantum28 »

QNAPJason wrote:Hi quantum28,
By default the upload speed per torrent is set to 20KB/s. You can change to 0 (unlimited) or a higher value and then your BT download will also be much faster.
hi QNAPJason,
The speed set was to zero (unlimited) by default and it was still limited to 20KB/s... so just to check, I changed it to 900KB/s and it is still capped at 20KB/s !

to clarify, I am talking about a torrent download already in progress. I would assume that changes to the settings can be applied on-the-fly. I will try to add a new torrent later when I get home.

any other suggestions?

thanks
oal331
New here

Post by oal331 »

SenseoHasser wrote:Are there any news regarding the http-download problems?

This is a basic functionality and QNAP doesn't seem to care :(
After so many weeks, why nobody from Qnap's support does not reply or fix this problem ?
Nobody cares?
SenseoHasser
Starting out

Post by SenseoHasser »

I just installed FW 3.5.1 and guess what: Nothing changed, the http-download problem is still not fixed.

This **! :evil:
oal331
New here

Post by oal331 »

:( :( :(
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

I would suggest a moderator to close this thread, and remove the tag: Why? Because of most newer posts are on http download issues (for reasons I perectly understand btw.). And for many users, these simply don't work - but this is off-topic again.

However, the original subject was on addressing port-forwarding requirements for BitTorrent and later adding the unlucky per-torrent default limitation introduced in the early days of DSv2.

What might be worth is splitting the recent http download posts to a deidcated subject.

TIA,
-Kurt.
csirr
First post

Post by csirr »

Hello,

i have a bit different problem. I have problem with the uploading. The downloading is ok, it reaches the maximum rate of my bandwith, but the uploading is only plodding with some byte/sec...:(
One more interesting thing, when the downloading is in progress, the the uploading speed is ok. When the downloading is ready, the uploading speed disappears...
Before my pc has worked well, do you have any idea?
(port forward ok, gateway ok, dns: google dns)

Thx!
CsukiIce
First post

Post by CsukiIce »

I have the same problem ^^^^. Any idea to fix it?
BMWfan
New here

Post by BMWfan »

Hi, how many I also have the problem that the files Download via torrent not the full speed is used. According to much back and forth with the QNAP support the engine is located on one of the old Bittorrent because BitTornando is used for QGet! I Have a TS-659 Pro 2.

Therefore I am looking for now, Linux guru's who are familiar with it?! The following file was sent to me from Qnap support via email.:
http://download2.bittornado.com/downloa ... .17. Tar.gz

I ask for help ..

Thanks Daniel..

My English is not so good so I translate it with google translate
forkless
Experience counts

Post by forkless »

The biggest problem for the P2P not to work at optimal speeds is either down to not having the proper ports opened on your router or having a 2nd P2P client running in your network (which effectively is a port forwarding issue as well).
BMWfan
New here

Post by BMWfan »

The Qnap Supports says that Bittornado Version is the Problem. The ports have been opened by UPNP on my FritzBox 7390. I have tested already given them manually open ports, unfortunately without success. This version, as described in my earlier thread-engine should be geupdated and then it should work.

Greez Dany
BMWfan
New here

Post by BMWfan »

Please give me a answer..
Frosty00
Starting out

Post by Frosty00 »

Looks like this problem still awaits a fix! I'm having the same issue on my TS-259.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Frosty00 wrote:Looks like this problem still awaits a fix! I'm having the same issue on my TS-259.
Talking of what kind of downloads? Strongly doubt there is (or ever was) a real issue on the NAS to fix. The majority of issues are related to network configuration, router NAT and port forwarding, ...
Frosty00
Starting out

Post by Frosty00 »

schumaku wrote:
Frosty00 wrote:Looks like this problem still awaits a fix! I'm having the same issue on my TS-259.
Talking of what kind of downloads? Strongly doubt there is (or ever was) a real issue on the NAS to fix. The majority of issues are related to network configuration, router NAT and port forwarding, ...
Yes you're right! After extensive reading I found it was the upload setting that was to blame. Set from 20kb/s to 0, which produced my usual, super fast download speeds :-)
BMWfan
New here

Post by BMWfan »

Frosty00 wrote:
Yes you're right! After extensive reading I found it was the upload setting that was to blame. Set from 20kb/s to 0, which produced my usual, super fast download speeds :-)
Thank you for your opinion. Thats my Problem, too.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”