If you get a error message while trying to join a Windows AD server, please try to check the following settings:
1. The date and time of the QNAP NAS should be consistent with the AD server’s date and time. Up to 5 minutes of difference are allowed.
2. The primary DNS server of the QNAp NAS should be set to the IP address of AD server.
3. The workgroup name is very important. It must match the AD server’s domain name (pre-windows 2000). Many people had the worng information.
4. The AD server name is presented differently between Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. Please refer to the built-in Online Help page.
5. Make sure that the domain user account is a domain administrator and has full privileges.
1 post • Page 1 of 1