Stream music to google home on voice command

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
arjan@arpalesa.nl
First post

Stream music to google home on voice command

Postby arjan@arpalesa.nl » Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi,

I've bought a google home mini. This should act as a chromecast device and the QNAP supports streaming to chromecast devices. However, I would like to make this voice activated, so I say "OK Google, play playlist 1" and then "Plalist 1" should start to play from the QNAP to the Google Home Mini.

Both Google Mini and QNAP support IFTTT, so I think I could create a IFTTT voice command trigger to the QNAP, but how would I trigger the chromecast streaming from IFTTT commands on the QNAP? I'm still new to any of these techniques, so any help would be appreciated, also if there is a better way to set this up that would be great 8)

MichaelSee
Starting out

Re: Stream music to google home on voice command

Postby MichaelSee » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:19 pm

arjan@arpalesa.nl wrote:Hi,

I've bought a google home mini. This should act as a chromecast device and the QNAP supports streaming to chromecast devices. However, I would like to make this voice activated, so I say "OK Google, play playlist 1" and then "Plalist 1" should start to play from the QNAP to the Google Home Mini.

Both Google Mini and QNAP support IFTTT, so I think I could create a IFTTT voice command trigger to the QNAP, but how would I trigger the chromecast streaming from IFTTT commands on the QNAP? I'm still new to any of these techniques, so any help would be appreciated, also if there is a better way to set this up that would be great 8)

I am looking at the same, have you managed to get it done?

mamaplank
New here

Re: Stream music to google home on voice command

Postby mamaplank » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi MicaelSee, sorry for my delayed response. No, I did not got this to work yet, just started a new topi viewtopic.php?f=24&t=143948&p=687679&hilit=chromecast#p687679 asking to implement the feature.

I can start music from the QNAP using IFTTT from google home, but only to start playing on local audio output, not using a chromecast device. This is possible within the Music Station so the QNAP should be able to do this.

Return to “Media Streaming”