Amazon Alexa Echo integration/playback?

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Don
Guru

Re: Amazon Alexa Echo integration/playback?

Post by Don » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:19 am

A NAS is a computer.
Read the Online Manuals and use the forum search feature before posting.

It is a recommended to use RAID and have external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

Submit bugs and feature requests to QNAP via their Helpdesk app.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 4.3.6.0895 | 40GB | 2 x M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 4 x M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (Cache) | 5 x 4TB HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-663 | F/W: 4.4.1.1086 | 16GB | 2 x M.2 NMVe QM2-2P RAID 1 (Cache) | 4 x 4TB RAID 5
Apps: Boinc, Squid, DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS, Entware, DLstation, +others

barrie.kenyon
Starting out

Post by barrie.kenyon » Thu May 14, 2020 11:16 pm

Many people use their QNAP NAS as a media centre, holding hundreds, maybe thousands, of music files in their library.

Amazon Alexa is now very common, my kids even gave me one for Christmas. It's great. Howver linking it to my music on my NAS is complicated and unreliable.

Why don't we encorage QNAP to integrate Alexa into the Multimedia Console so that we can reach out and play our music witout hassle? Just the wat that Synology do with their NAS.

mjonis
Getting the hang of things

Post by mjonis » Thu May 14, 2020 11:20 pm

barrie.kenyon wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:16 pm
Many people use their QNAP NAS as a media centre, holding hundreds, maybe thousands, of music files in their library.

Amazon Alexa is now very common, my kids even gave me one for Christmas. It's great. Howver linking it to my music on my NAS is complicated and unreliable.

Why don't we encorage QNAP to integrate Alexa into the Multimedia Console so that we can reach out and play our music witout hassle? Just the wat that Synology do with their NAS.
Agreed. Would be nice.
Although probably a better chance of that vs. Amazon getting "her" to use DLNA. Seems they want you to pay for the subscription services.

Anyway, I've finally gotten around to installing the MyMedia thingy for Alexa, but it seems it wants the *primary* account for "her", so I'll have to have my partner enter that in when I get a chance. Ironically I'm the owner of the Prime account, but he's the owner of "her". (I say "her" because she knows when I say/think/type her name). haha
NAS - TS451+ Firmware: 4.4.2.1270 RAID-1: Seagate ST4000VX007 x2

barrie.kenyon
Starting out

Post by barrie.kenyon » Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Let me know how you get on with MyMedia. I could not install it, it kept saying something like 'cannot connect to the internet'
Gave up and installed PLex for now.

mjonis
Getting the hang of things

Post by mjonis » Sat May 23, 2020 9:58 am

barrie.kenyon wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 pm
Let me know how you get on with MyMedia. I could not install it, it kept saying something like 'cannot connect to the internet'
Gave up and installed PLex for now.
Mine installed, but when I click on it to configure it, and login to Amazon, it then just sits there and says it's Loading it. Never gets any further.

There's a year old thread on Reddit where a few people installed and said it works, but that's it.
NAS - TS451+ Firmware: 4.4.2.1270 RAID-1: Seagate ST4000VX007 x2

Return to “Media Streaming”