Twonky deactivated after system time/date changed

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
jon96789
Know my way around

Twonky deactivated after system time/date changed

Post by jon96789 »

I setup a new TS-673A and installed Twonky 8.5.1. I bought a new license and successfully activated it. After that, i noticed that my NAS system time and date was off by a day. I discovered that the NAS was not accessing the internet time server so I had to configure it. Once it corrected the system date and time, Twonky deactivated itself. Looking into theLicense Manager, it stated that the license was deactivated because of the time and date change. I tried to reactivate it but it said the license had already been activated. Any ideas on how to fix this?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Twonky deactivated after system time/date changed

Post by dolbyman »

QNAP twonky or twonky twonky license ?

twonky twonky is cheaper and works with more device activations
QNAP twonky is more expensive, but you can open a ticket with them to complain
jon96789
Know my way around

Post by jon96789 »

QNAP no longer accepts the Twonky license from Lynx Technology. QNAP has told me that if you enter the Lynx license key, you will get an invalid response because the license has a different number of digits in the license, you are forced to buy the license directly from QNAP. I have opened a ticket and awaiting a response from their license center.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

nope ... you just need the twonky qpkg from the twonky website

https://download.twonky.com/8.5.2/

That one activates fine with the twonky license
jon96789
Know my way around

Post by jon96789 »

Just got off of QNAP tech support.. The problem is a bug in my TS-673A... Twonky installed are linked to the MAC address of the ethernet port. There is a bug where the MAC addresses that is connected to the router and the MAC address that is listed for each port is reversed, e.g. router sees MAC address A but QTS shows MAC address B. A firmware update is supposed to fix this. This is why QFinder Pro shows my NAS twice in the list, each one with the different MAC address...
jon96789
Know my way around

Post by jon96789 »

Thanks for the info... I will wait to see when the firmware is updated...
jon96789
Know my way around

Post by jon96789 »

This is from QNAP...

Effective 10/23/2020

If you are trying to activate your Twonky license and you realized that your license key has 32 Characters and you are not able to input in the activation page because only the license form only allows 24 characters.

In this case you probably purchased the License directly from Lynx. And the license is not compatible with QNAP NAS. To purchase the QNAP Twonky license, you will need to buy it directly in the QNAP software page https://software.qnap.com/ This is the only license compatible with QNAP.

If you do not need the Lynx license, maybe you can contact them and try to explain the case and check if possible to cancel it and receive your money back.

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/how-to/knowl ... ky-license

Return to “Media Streaming”