QNAP TVS-H1288X Change Limits of Transcoding Resources

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
chathurdara
New here

QNAP TVS-H1288X Change Limits of Transcoding Resources

Post by chathurdara »

Hi,
I'm using QNAP TVS-h1288x and wish to change the transcoding resource limit (Maximum CPU Usage). It is currently set to 10% (default and the lowest) and GPU transcoding is enabled. I'm not using an external GPU but I believe the internal GPU is used by default. Therefore there is no way to disable GPU transcoding.

When I change the Maximum CPU Usage to something other than 10% (say 50%) and apply the settings, it never applies the setting properly. It gets back to 10%.
Is it a bug? or any suggestions on why this keeps happening?

Please refer to the screenshot for the details.

Thank you in advance.

CPU: Intel (R) Xeon(R) W-1250
BIOS: Q055KAR14
Firmware: h4.5.3.1698 Build 20210612
O/S: QuTS Hero
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP TVS-H1288X Change Limits of Transcoding Resources

Post by dolbyman »

best to contact qnap via ticket ..that seems like a bug...and most people here do not use QNAP apps for any sort of media handling (they are disappointing at best)
chathurdara
New here

Re: QNAP TVS-H1288X Change Limits of Transcoding Resources

Post by chathurdara »

dolbyman wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:30 am best to contact qnap via ticket ..that seems like a bug...and most people here do not use QNAP apps for any sort of media handling (they are disappointing at best)
Thank you for your response. I reported it and it seems to be a bug... Their R&D is working on it.

Return to “Media Streaming”