DLNA Server can't be seen across networks after Multimedia Console update to 1.4.2

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Missing_Link
Starting out

DLNA Server can't be seen across networks after Multimedia Console update to 1.4.2

Post by Missing_Link »

This is driving me nuts!

Before the Multimedia Console update to 1.4.2 (20210819) my DLNA media server content could be seen on main wifi network (split 2.4/5gig) plus my Google Home mesh network. Now, when I'm browsing say from my phone connected to the Google mesh network, I can't see any of the NAS's DLNA services (QNAP native, Twonky or Plex), but I can see all the target rendering devices ("play to" devices) with no problem (they are on a mix of those networks).

I've ruled out the issue being to do with the DLNA client software on the phone as I've tried other clients, and even other devices. It's like the DLNA is not being broadcast anymore, or the broadcast is being blocked.

The list of renders shown in the Media Streaming Add-On is usually full of devices, and now it shows just one or two.

When I put any player device onto the main wifi network it's all good. As soon as I switch to the mesh, it's game over.

Is anyone else having the same problem. I need to use the mesh network because the main wifi doesn't have enough coverage.

TIA!
===========================
System: QNAP TS-453A (8GB)
Drive config: 12TB (4 x 3TB WD RED) - RAID 5
Backup: Seagate 8 TB Backup Plus Hub (3.5" external, USB 3.0)
UPS: APC Back-UPS BX - 700VA, BX700U-GR (AVR, 4 Schuko outputs, USB)
Missing_Link
Starting out

Re: DLNA Server can't be seen across networks after Multimedia Console update to 1.4.2

Post by Missing_Link »

Update:

A quick workaround was to add a USB wifi stick and connect it to the mesh network.

Plex and Twonky are now visible, but the native NAS DLNA remains MIA!

Hope this helps someone else...
===========================
System: QNAP TS-453A (8GB)
Drive config: 12TB (4 x 3TB WD RED) - RAID 5
Backup: Seagate 8 TB Backup Plus Hub (3.5" external, USB 3.0)
UPS: APC Back-UPS BX - 700VA, BX700U-GR (AVR, 4 Schuko outputs, USB)

Return to “Media Streaming”