Get access denied beyond 1st music menu screen - tsr-700

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
myklj88
New here

Get access denied beyond 1st music menu screen - tsr-700

Post by myklj88 »

On my Yamaha TSR-700 AVR, when I select Server and connect to my TS219II, I get through to my music menu ok, as I have in the past. But now when I go to select Folders, which is not in the list of items on the first menu page, so I go down past the last item on the first page to get to the next, I get knocked off with 'access denied'. But if I select any item on the first screen, like Artist, I can go through screens of artists fine. The AVR can go through all the menu screens on my other NAS product (Kimax) fine. I used to be able to go through the menus on this qnap from my AVR previously. I haven't made any changes that I'm aware of. I did get an update on the QNAP though. I tried going into Media Receivers, changing the AVR device 'user profile' to Guest (from Default), I also tried setting it to Admin. Nothing work! It is so strange it will not let me go beyond the first page of options without getting access denied. Yet I can select an item in the first screen and go through more screens after that fine. All I wanted to do is get to Folders which is located on the 2nd page.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Get access denied beyond 1st music menu screen - tsr-700

Post by dolbyman »

What is the protocol used? DLNA,SMB?
myklj88
New here

Post by myklj88 »

I believe that would be DLNA as it's the Yamaha TSR-700 AVR playing the 'Server' option, from the Qnap TS219PII source. It plays fine if I select an item on the first page, then navigate through pages beyond there. It just will not let me page down from the first page without getting an 'access denied'. It seemed to work fine about a month or 2 ago. It has had Qnap updates since then.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

This old QNAP should have the free twonky DLNA included, try that one .. much more competent that the qnap one
myklj88
New here

Post by myklj88 »

Not finding Twonky anywhere on the nas. I guess I won't be using the AVR to play, the Qmusic app on my phone can play the tunes from the nas to the avr though. I guess I'll just use that. Thanks for the help!
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

twonky should be together with the other DLNA same GUI location. gets installed when ticked active
myklj88
New here

Post by myklj88 »

I was able to reconfigure the remote access menu for this qnap nas with fewer items in the menu, so I could get access to the ‘Folders’ menu item, which was previously on the 2nd page. That way I wouldn’t be hitting this bug with getting ‘access denied’ when paging down beyond the very first page of the first screen. If anyone else hits this bug, you can use the ‘Media Streaming Add-on’ to customize your menu with fewer items. However, remember when configuring certain things like ‘Media Streaming Add-on’, items might not appear if not using the Chrome browser. On Firefox, all boxes were blank on the configuration screen. I switched over to Chrome and the boxes had the proper titles associated with them. Also, even though I clicked the ‘update all’ button, changes did not take effect. I had to reboot to get the new menu items to take effect. I was having this issue on my AVR as well as the MusicCast app on my phone. Both would not go beyond page one of the first menu. Now I only have a few, meaningful items on the first menu. All is wonderful again, still lovin this old nas!
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

what do you mean by remote access menu?
myklj88
New here

Post by myklj88 »

The menu you get on your remote device (ie. phone, avr, etc) when you connect to the nas.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

your mean DLNA menu then...

remote sounded like QTS gui open in the web
Poppy
Getting the hang of things

Post by Poppy »

myklj88 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:01 pm Also, even though I clicked the ‘update all’ button, changes did not take effect. I had to reboot to get the new menu items to take effect.
You dont have to reboot the NAS - you just have to restart the DLNA service.
If you change settings then you need to "Apply All" at the bottom of that settings page and once you have finished making and applying changes to all settings pages, you just need to click the "Restart" button at the top of the page for the changes to take effect.
manwecke
Starting out

Post by manwecke »

Hello,

I have the same issue with folder. I'm using Media Streaming Add-on Version 500.1.1.3 (2023/11/23). Seems to be the lastest.
In this Addon there are 3 sub menues: General Settings, Browser Settings, Media Receiver.
But I do not have any oppertunity to add the Multimedia folders . Only able to change the Browser settings in terms of language and style. But in all cases browsing from the DNLA Client via Folder is not possible.
Browsing via playlists, songs etc is possible.
Any suggestion.
Thanks in advanced

Return to “Media Streaming”