[HELP] Local stream same to multiple Smart Roku TVs

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
eea123
Starting out

[HELP] Local stream same to multiple Smart Roku TVs

Post by eea123 »

I can use my NAS to watch MP4 videos on a single Roku SmartTV w/ DLNA Media Server, but is there an app that would allow me to "broadcast" the same video to all of my local network SmartTVs? I have the living room TV's RCA lineouts, wired back to the home stereo. So being able to have the same video going in the basement would be nice. You know like the old days of MTV when they played videos. Someone mentioned Plex on another site.
eea123
Starting out

Re: [HELP] Local stream same to multiple Smart Roku TVs

Post by eea123 »

So I installed Plex and don't readily see a local broadcast option. Plex does see my music video library.

Well, I spoke too soon. The "Watch Together" option looks kind of like what I am after. Still working out adding users.
eea123
Starting out

Post by eea123 »

So I added a few users names, corresponding to each of the remote TVs and kind of got it working. I have hardwired stereo to each of the rooms and notice a considerable lag even thought I only left it start streaming after the last "user" / TV logged in and started playing to all 3. There is considerable lag.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

If all TVs need to play the exact same thing at the exact time..check into an hdmi multiplexer..one player and then send the signal out to all TVs, depending on the transmission(wired or wireless hdmi) and TV lag, should get you into the 200-400ms realm
eea123
Starting out

Post by eea123 »

dolbyman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:38 am If all TVs need to play the exact same thing at the exact time..check into an hdmi multiplexer..one player and then send the signal out to all TVs, depending on the transmission(wired or wireless hdmi) and TV lag, should get you into the 200-400ms realm
Unfortunately, they are in different rooms. I did run 2 CAT6 lines to each, one data and one video - and the video is currently a spare since we are using Xfinity and a digital RG6 feed. Come to think of it, I am using a Niles Audio RCA to CAT extender for audio from the living room back to the stereo cabinet. So I could try to pick up a few Niles HDMI to CAT extender, but I was hoping not to need another hardwired option.

Has anyone tried the DJ2 Console solution or something like that to generate a single stream broadcast? Roku almost sounded like at one time their developer app would allow for a private broadcast stream, but they've clamped down since people were pirating content.

Return to “Media Streaming”