Adding folders/files to Plex folder/directory from File Station

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
markdbruce
Starting out

Adding folders/files to Plex folder/directory from File Station

Post by markdbruce »

Hi everyone,

New member here and brand new to the world of NAS's.
I would very much love some help/advice as to how/where to move files and folders for Plex to see them. I have Plex installed but stopped and also the auto scan and recycle bin options turned off.
I originally had my Plex media library on an external HDD which was connected to a Netgear Nighthawk router. The router had a Plex Media Server built in and had been using it for a long time, i recented decided to buy a Qnap NAS and have connected the external HDD via the front USB on the NAS.
Once i confirmed the drive was connected to the NAS via Storage & Snapshots, i created a shared folder named Media Library via Control Panel/Shared Folders and gave it the necessary permissions to R/W.
The NAS has finished copying over the files/folders to the folder on the NAS and now i am stuck as to what to do now. How to i find the folder/directory that Plex uses to move the files/folders over or do i do something else?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
markdbruce
Starting out

Re: Adding folders/files to Plex folder/directory from File Station

Post by markdbruce »

I am also an admin user.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Adding folders/files to Plex folder/directory from File Station

Post by dolbyman »

Use the Plex UI to add libraries..if you used Plex before, it should be exactly the same

No need to touch file station

Return to “Media Streaming”