Media Streaming Add-on for 4.2.6 ?

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
marcot
Getting the hang of things

Media Streaming Add-on for 4.2.6 ?

Post by marcot »

Hello,
I own two very old NAS devices, a TS-210 and a TS-212, mainly used as DLNA servers with the in-built DLNA server.
The DLNA menu presented by the TS-212, who runs 4.3.3, is much more rich of options compared to the TS-210.
I think it is because with 4.3.3 in the TS-212 I have the Media Streaming Add-on installed.
This allows customization of the menus.

However I see no way of installing Media Streaming Add-on in the TS-210 with 4.2.6.
TS-210 is definitely EOL (as TS-212) and no software/firmware upgrade are expected.

I know Twonky Server manu can be easily customizable, but I would possibly stick on the built-in DLNA server.

Does anybody know if there is a way to install Media Streaming Add-on in 4.2.6?
And if this could cause any trouble?

Thanks a lot/Ciao

Marco
TruREALigion
New here

Re: Media Streaming Add-on for 4.2.6 ?

Post by TruREALigion »

+1 for this. I hope someone can hook us up with the QPKG of Media Streaming Add-On (that worked for 4.2.6).

Ok I get that QNAP (and other companies) does not like to support End-of-life devices. But for me QNAP is the first that would just remove all traces of an app, insecure or not without, any communication to the community? This is more reason for me to move my clients away from QNAP and over to Synology.
Plex Media Server can't even be used as an alternative because minimum version to use is apparently 1.18.3.

Absolutely disappointed with QNAP
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Media Streaming Add-on for 4.2.6 ?

Post by dolbyman »

No need to +1 this....QNAP does not come here

Use your NAS as a NAS (plain data storage) and media streaming is no problem

Return to “Media Streaming”