DLNA and media streaming addon

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Hodrakir
New here

Re: DLNA and media streaming addon

Post by Hodrakir »

albumman wrote:Did you reinstall the add-on as mentioned in the 4.2.1 release notes?
Of course. Old add-on not working with new version 4.2.1.
monellrt
Know my way around

Post by monellrt »

I agree that all the DLNA issues came after the 4.2 firmware release. I sure wish the Tech boys did a better job at troubleshooting before a firmware release. I am hoping the QNAP will correct this issue in one of their future firmware releases. I wouldn't hold my breath though!
ademuzzy
Getting the hang of things

Post by ademuzzy »

I am getting a problem where by the media server says it is running but it doesn't show my devices available anymore (for instance my xbox one) in the list. Are others getting this problem? Can I fix this?
monellrt
Know my way around

Post by monellrt »

Has anyone put in a help ticket for this issue? I know many people have this issue (myself included) and assume that someone has logged a ticket for it. I am not sure that QNAP even looks at this forum.
gsoldi
New here

Post by gsoldi »

I have two TS-870 Pro and one TS-470 Pro. everything was working fine with Twonky, DNLA, etc. Updated to last QNAP firmware 4.2.1 and twonky 8.2.

Now TS-470 Pro is working fine as before. The two TS-870 Pro are no longer working with Twonky and even with Plex. So I can' use to stream video to my TV (Samsung Smart TV)

I tried everything is possible with GUI of QNAP OS (I did not access QNAP via linux), and I was not able to solve the problem

Any idea?

thanks
jon96789
Know my way around

Post by jon96789 »

I figured it out... This fixed my QNAP Media Streaming add-on issue....
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Select DLNA Media Server
3. Click on Advanced Settings button, the media settings screen will appear
4. Select Media Receivers in the left pane
5. Select Edit for each device and select Original Streaming Format and click on Apply all
6. Exit Media Settings and go back in... Sometimes the Apply All does not work so you have repeat step 5.
7. Click on Restart Media Streaming Add-on in Media Settings screen
monellrt
Know my way around

Post by monellrt »

I tried the user defined settings. What I found is that this new/updated application is missing many of the video/audio codec's as well as formats. I think that is why so many people had issues once QNAP released this sub-par application.
Northerndj

Post by Northerndj »

Ticket submited yet again now i get that the ts 221 and older nas have had issues as the whole file system needs changing ok it did that after 24hr and Nothing on a LG or Samsung tv other then is see's the file but not the folder, twonky does work but as stated drops connection.
Technical support is a joke all they can do is pass on comments well take a look on here
so i have had a look and yes they have switched the file system but they have changed how it reads folders
Yes we all no about third party apps but on 4.1 it all worked i now have the most upto date LG and twonky is the only one that shows up on 4.2 roll it back to 4.1 and bingo it all works again can some one at qnap actually check this out they pramote a media nass but that fails on 4.2 been 4 updates and non mention DNLA
ademuzzy

Post by ademuzzy »

jon96789 wrote:I figured it out... This fixed my QNAP Media Streaming add-on issue....
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Select DLNA Media Server
3. Click on Advanced Settings button, the media settings screen will appear
4. Select Media Receivers in the left pane
5. Select Edit for each device and select Original Streaming Format and click on Apply all
6. Exit Media Settings and go back in... Sometimes the Apply All does not work so you have repeat step 5.
7. Click on Restart Media Streaming Add-on in Media Settings screen
I have tried this before jon it worked briefly but its back to how it was. :(
jon96789
Know my way around

Post by jon96789 »

This is getting frustrating... The DLNA add-on keeps locking up on me several times a day. I can be streaming video and suddenly it freezes and I no longer have access via DLNA to the QNAP unless I reboot. I can access it through the PC network directly but DLNA keeps crapping out on me... I reinstalled the DLNA component and it does not help/
CylonCenturion

Post by CylonCenturion »

jon96789 wrote:This is getting frustrating... The DLNA add-on keeps locking up on me several times a day. I can be streaming video and suddenly it freezes and I no longer have access via DLNA to the QNAP unless I reboot. I can access it through the PC network directly but DLNA keeps crapping out on me... I reinstalled the DLNA component and it does not help/
What add-on do you use?
jon96789
Know my way around

Post by jon96789 »

The QNAP DLNA app....
Aaronsb
First post

Post by Aaronsb »

+1

Have just signed up for this exact same issue
Ticket has been sent
I hope they get it sorted.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

use twonky then, much better anyways (as the builtin is based on old twonky build afaik)
okrasnik
First post

Post by okrasnik »

[DOES PLEX REQUIRE ADD-ON and MM LIBRARY?]
I wonder, whether PLEX require installing Q-NAP Multimedia add-on and activating QNAP multimedia library? 10x

Return to “Media Streaming”