DLNA and media streaming addon

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
cz6ace
New here

Re: DLNA and media streaming addon

Post by cz6ace »

I can only confirm, that you should relax and wait for another firmware. Nothing fixed yet :(
Northerndj
Getting the hang of things

Post by Northerndj »

Ok qnap im sure you have some test units.
1. Test on 4.2 on any unit and use the stock video streamer
2. Test on 4.1

I have don this and i have complained, and you will not admit you have issues with 4.2
we don't want to use third party apps we want to use the software that is on the unit, i tested the 4.2 beta and it was fine and still is, the issues is the media streaming app and the fact that is has to rebuild its file system (takes 48hrs) then it will not show the folders.
But still there is no fix even after three updates after
so Qnap just admit there is a issue then we can move on to get this fixed
johnwayne
New here

Post by johnwayne »

Another firmware update and that's not working yet.
I have a ** brick in my house, since I cannot use it for what I bought it.
You (QNAP staff) are a set of incompetents. This is the same as it Ford updates my car and it doesn't run anymore because the new firmware prevents me from opening the fuel tank...
It's been more than 4 months since you know this issue with the Media Streaming and you haven't solved yet. Be sure that I won't buy anything related with QNAP ever more, and that I'm spreading my word for others to know the quality of your technicians and your ** products.
** you all,

A very angry and dissapointed customer
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Post by Beemer2 »

Apologies for jumping in so late in this thread.

I too have a Samsung Smart TV but it is a couple of years earlier than the earliest Samsung that will work with Twonky. See their website for the compatible list.

My apologies if you have already done this,

Ian
TS-473A, 32GB, 4x4TB, Raid5, 12GB Red Plus backup
qhstewart
New here

Post by qhstewart »

I have the same issue DLNA not even showing up on Samsung tv anymore and twonky quits about 30-60 seconds in. seriously this shouldn't be that difficult for a company that manufactures serves to trouble shoot and fix.
dfabbri79
New here

Post by dfabbri79 »

How many people on this thread have submitted an official ticket with qnap?

https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Ti ... RenderForm

I know they read these forums, but maybe that would be a bit more proactive if a few hundred users submitted a ticket on the issue.
olitur
Starting out

Post by olitur »

hello,

i read this thread and i have a suggest for person who have some disconnection with twonky.
I have disconnection if i configure my qnap network configuration. If i use port aggregation with balance-alb, disconnection disappear.

I don't use media streaming addon, because with one of my Samsung tv, it does not work.
igdirl
New here

Post by igdirl »

If you have connected both LAN ports to same network refer to http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?p=541401#p541361
Seems to have works for me too.
cz6ace
New here

Post by cz6ace »

dfabbri79 wrote:How many people on this thread have submitted an official ticket with qnap?
I did it just minute ago. I'll let here the audience know once I receive any feedback.
Northerndj

Post by Northerndj »

OK Just for Qnap here
4.1 Worked on all smart TV's LG,Samsung,Panasonic
4.2 DOES NOT WORK on DNLA or inbuilt media streaming
Yes for some Twonky works but there is no way to get 4.2 to work on video the TV's don't see the folders
So when instead of the minor bugs don't you fix the major ones
and i have submitted a ticket and got no were as technical no the issues but come up with no fix
philaupatte
New here

Post by philaupatte »

Hi

It is more than likely that we are all facing the same problem regarding QNAP DLNA server. What is described is more less exactly what's happen in my environment. It is true that we should wait a corrective to QNAP 4.2 and further. I create a ticket #CQQ-859-83808 to QNAP support. Many thanks as all your writting helps me to understand this problem.
dfabbri79
New here

Post by dfabbri79 »

I was having the same issue with my Xbox 360 connecting to the DLNA server in QNAP 4.2. I opened a ticket and was engaging with the support guy, but then this week I got an Xbox One, and now the Xbox Media Player app connects no problem.

Also, I have an Onkyo tx8160 receiver which connects no problem. So, whatever the issue is it is likely device specific. Maybe some devices rely on a portion of the DLNA interface that others do not - and that QNAP hasn't fully implemented.

Anyway, I closed my ticket because now both of my devices work, but I'd did point the support guy at this thread.
Northerndj

Post by Northerndj »

so i hoped 4.2.1 would of addressed the DNLA server issue sadly no
still Folders do not show on SMART TV's that use the DNLA format which just happens to be all of them
the app is rubbish and now pointless
Twonky is a work around once the file system stops going nuts
so when will qnap admit that 4.2.1 still is not fixing media streaming yet again i have gone back to 4.1 and it works perfect
so Qnap what is the fix ????
Hodrakir
New here

Post by Hodrakir »

Hi.
The same problem with HS-251+ model. Also has stopped working sleep mode function and it is power on all the day. I am already tired of waiting.
How did you do the downgrade? With QFinder or SSH console? You have any instructions set for it? Thanks
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

Did you reinstall the add-on as mentioned in the 4.2.1 release notes?
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)

Return to “Media Streaming”