[HELP]No Audio on HDMI after wake up from sleep

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
madey82
New here

[HELP]No Audio on HDMI after wake up from sleep

Post by madey82 »

Hi,
I am a new user of NAS and looking for some help.

I have TS-251+
Firmware: QTS: 4.2.0 Build 20160130
HybridDesk Station: 3.1.3
CodexPack: 3.2.2
I connected my NAS with HDMI to my TV[older Samsung, non smart tv].
Everything works fine until, I put NAS to sleep. After the wake up there is no audio whatsoever in Hybrid station. All apps I run there is no sound, not only in movies,songs but also no ticking sounds when you operate app(for example Plex player). When I connect to NAS via IOS app, for example Qvideo all runs fine. That leads me to think there is no sound on HDMI output.
The issue is resolved when I do complete NAS restart. After that all works fine again until next time I put NAS to sleep mode.
I tried restarting Hybrid station from within Control Panel but did not help. I switched tv on/off or tried using various hdmi cables and also connected to different hdmi ports on my tv. no difference. At the moment I have no opportunity to test with other TV.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.
tim@onozcafe.com
Starting out

Re: [HELP]No Audio on HDMI after wake up from sleep

Post by tim@onozcafe.com »

New to QNap also, Iv'e got the ts-453a. I just hooked up my hdmi to my Samusng Smart TV and downloaded HD Station, I'm using Plex for playback and transcoding (though for hdmi there should not be any) but like you I get No Sound. Iv'e tried several movies, they all had audio tracks of 5.1, I reset the QNap like you did, but still No Sound. If I play these movies through my wifi using chromecast I can get sound but the video is very jettery, just not watchable. The main purpose of purchasing this Qnap was to be able to store and watch videos, I will try a few more things but it looks like I will be sending this unit back.
Note: My user name is an old email that is not in use

Qnap:
TVS-1282 i3 6100, 4-20TB HDD's, drive bays 5 - 8 are not functioning, assuming backplane since drives work in another device without issue.
Added - 2 Noctua 80mm fans (internal), 2 Noctua 120mm fans (external) & Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU Cooler
Used as a Jellyfin Server

Computer:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
tim@onozcafe.com
Starting out

Post by tim@onozcafe.com »

Hello Madey82 again: I was able to get sound by going thru my AV Receiver and from there going to the TV. I did have this revesed where I connected my QNap directly to the TV and sound passes thru to the AV receiver, this is how my chromecast is setup with no problems. Hope this helps.
Tim N
Note: My user name is an old email that is not in use

Qnap:
TVS-1282 i3 6100, 4-20TB HDD's, drive bays 5 - 8 are not functioning, assuming backplane since drives work in another device without issue.
Added - 2 Noctua 80mm fans (internal), 2 Noctua 120mm fans (external) & Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU Cooler
Used as a Jellyfin Server

Computer:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
tchalk
Starting out

Post by tchalk »

I have to install HybridDesk Station again and again untill it works. The software is terrible. That's usually the problem.
tchalk
Starting out

Post by tchalk »

tim@onozcafe.com wrote:The main purpose of purchasing this Qnap was to be able to store and watch videos, I will try a few more things but it looks like I will be sending this unit back.
I can't send this unit back no more. So i am kind of stuck with it.

I have tried like everything and the only thing what works is reinstalling certain Apps untill it works. I have narrowed down to the unit and the terrible (buggy)software.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Did you open a ticket with QNAP support and report it to them?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
madey82
New here

Post by madey82 »

Hi,
I have not contacted support yet. I did not have any time to play with it any further. At the moment I just shut down NAS instead putting it to sleep.
It works fine with that, although it takes much longer time to resume.

I don't have any other AV receiver so I am not able to test it that way. I am planning to buy something better for audio in the future, but at the moment I am not sure what and when.

The problem indeed looks like software related, perhaps with newer version something will change.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

madey82 wrote:The problem indeed looks like software related, perhaps with newer version something will change.
Not if no one reports it.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
esionnet
First post

Post by esionnet »

Hello,
I had the same problem, and i've found a workaround.
You have to stop and restart the HybridDesk Station process after wake up.
You can do it easily from the QManager App.
mlong50w
Starting out

Post by mlong50w »

Is there a newer solution?
I just got TS-251D, and use KODI and HD Station ( connected to TV directly ) -if I am not using the Hybrid Desk Station for anything, and I think after 24 hrs, I play movie from HD Station, Kodi, basically anything and there is not sound
I tried to restart Hybrid Deskstation from phone app as previous user said, but still no sound and I have to reboot the NAS
So what else can I do, so this doesn't happen, I am not sure even if its going to sleep? coz I dont see any screensaver or is the same as not using it
The only thing I I disbaled now is Wake on LAN, anything esle? should I do
Will a Scheduled Restart work?
danaivehr
New here

Post by danaivehr »

mlong50w wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:35 pm I just got TS-251D, and use KODI and HD Station ( connected to TV directly ) -if I am not using the Hybrid Desk Station for anything, and I think after 24 hrs, I play movie from HD Station, Kodi, basically anything and there is not sound
I tried to restart Hybrid Deskstation from phone app as previous user said, but still no sound and I have to reboot the NAS
Can confirm this issue. Using qnap for a year, and the problem starts happening just last month.
No sound at all after some long time after start. Can not get the pattern, it can be after one day, or after several days.
No sound through any HDMI and even built-in speaker.

Only full reboot helps.

Seems like a bug, introduced after update.
danaivehr
New here

Post by danaivehr »

I've posted a ticket to QNAP Support. Stay tuned
mlong50w
Starting out

Post by mlong50w »

danaivehr wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:21 am I've posted a ticket to QNAP Support. Stay tuned
Thank you sir please keep me posted, I got the whole thing just for this use
Can you tell them or point to this thread that another user is having an issue
mlong50w
Starting out

Post by mlong50w »

danaivehr wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:21 am I've posted a ticket to QNAP Support. Stay tuned

I opened a ticket too, they told me to try HD Station 4.06 and so far been 2 days no issues
danaivehr
New here

Post by danaivehr »

Ok, I'm back. On my ticket qnap support propose me QTS manual downgrade to previous version.

I confirm this issue disappears on previous version, BUT A BIG "BUT" we have.
Unfortunately you have to downgrade Multimedia console too, since it doesn't work on the previous QTS. It will cause ALL ALBUM METADATA (albums itself and tags etc) LOST, because database scheme changed.
QNAP support told me to backup metadata and wait. This is not acceptable for me, because I'm using photostation.
mlong50w wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:58 pm I opened a ticket too, they told me to try HD Station 4.06 and so far been 2 days no issues
Thanks for the info! I will try this method, maybe it will help me too.

Return to “Media Streaming”