Re: login problem Twonky

Post by cocoram »

I your problem solved.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

frank_t wrote:Hi,

I had the same problem on my TS-219P II.
My first advice is: don't edit/delete any file before you know which is the right one!
Here is how I fixed the problem under Windows:

1. Log-in on your NAS as admin via ssh (I used putty) to be able to execute some commands.
2. Open a SFTP connection to your NAS (I used WinSCP) in parallel to edit/delete files.
3. Determine which .ini file the Twonky Media Server uses:
type

Code: Select all

ps | grep twonky
in the ssh command line.
(The command ps gets a list of all active processes on the NAS and grep filters out all lines containing the text "twonky".)
4. Above command gives you something like this:
6624 admin 412 S /mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/twonkymedia -inifile /etc/config/twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini ...
8123 admin 4880 S /mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/twonkymediaserver -inifile /etc/config/twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini ...
19345 admin 568 S grep twonky
[~] #
As you can see, Twonky is using the .ini file /etc/config/twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini.
(Make sure that the putty's window is wide enough, so that you can see the hole path of the .ini file.)
5. With WinSCP, navigate to folder /etc/config and double-click the file twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini to edit it.
6. In the editor, search for

enableweb=
and set its value to 2.
7. Save the file and restart the UPnP service.
The following commands run on the NAS is a lot easier/safer way of doing this......

setcfg main enableweb 2 -f /etc/config/twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini
sed -i 's/ = /=/g' /etc/config/twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini
/etc/init.d/twonkymedia6.sh restart
#done

No text editor required. Works with any SSH client under any operating system. WinSCP is dangerous in "rookie" hands, as it can destroy things with just a few badly chosen mouse clicks. I personally never recommend it to anyone for any purpose. PuTTY is far safer to use, especially by non-Linux type people.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
Ryssen
Know my way around

Post by Ryssen »

Acouple of years old thread but still I can´t login om my TS-453A Twonky,I checked the tweak in the thread but there is no ini file in that folder described.
Is it sommewhear else on a TS-453A??
QNAP TS-453A Firmware v4.3.3 . 4 WD Red.
JoBrCoGB
Getting the hang of things

Post by JoBrCoGB »

Essentially I have the same problem as the OP "Battersea." Mine has something to do with a flaky connection with a logitech bluetooth keyboard and a very long password. So I can no longer administrate the Twonky server because I can't login.

I ssh'd into the,
NAS: TS-563
Firmware version: 4.3.3.0299 Build 20170901
VIA: Mint 18 cinnamon's terminal

But there is no file named "twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini" in the "/mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia" directory

These files are located there:
Linux-HowTo.txt* transcoding.html* twonkymedia7-default.ini*
NOTICES-Server.txt* twonky-readme-ref-files/ twonkymediaserver-log.txt@
TwonkyServer-Readme.html* twonky.dat* twonkymediaserver7-log.txt@
cgi-bin/ twonky.license* twonkyserver*
overview.gif* twonky.sh* twonkyserver-default.ini*
plugins/ twonkymedia-server-default.ini* twonkyserver-version.txt*
radio.m3u* twonkymedia.db@ twonkystarter*
resources/ twonkymedia.sh*

I ran this: "ps | grep twonky"
and got the following:

21919 admin 71704 R /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ss 580 -i /share/Multimedia/Movies/Name of movie.mkv -vcodec mjpeg -vframes 1 -an -f image2 -y -ss 5 -s 1920x1080 -aspect 1:1 /mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/twonkymedia.db/cache/images/9dd4e461268c8034f5c8564e155c67a6/1920x1080/name of movie.mkv.jpg
21949 admin 1032 S grep twonky
29367 admin 1148 S /mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/twonkystarter -inifile /etc/config/twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini -enableweb 2 -powersavemode 1 -logfile /mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/twonkymediaserver7-log.txt -suppressmenu mediafeeds
29368 admin 38240 S /mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/twonkyserver -inifile /etc/config/twonkyvision-mediaserver6.ini -enableweb 2 -powersavemode 1 -logfile /mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/twonkymediaserver7-log.txt -suppressmenu mediafeeds

I'm new to Linux and not very familiar with it's commands, and it would seem that the NAS has it's own anyway. So I'm a bit lost. I want to delete the old password so I can enter a null ID and Pass, because I'll not fall into this trap again. It would surely seem to me that anything LINUX has plenty of them, while Logitech has seemingly joined that club too. I'd really rather 'use' my OS's not continually 'repair their bugs.'

So can anyone lead me by the, "not so long ago, exclusively Windows," hand?

TIA!!!
NAS: TS-563 RAM: 16GB
QTS: v4.5.2.1566 build 20210202
HD's: (so far) 8TB x4; RAID5
BU: Mint18.3 Xfce SMB Server (8TB x4; RAID5); 64bit
WS: Dual boot Win7 SP1/Mint18.3 Cinnamon; 64bit
STV: TCL 55P605; Sony XBR-65X900E

-----------------------------------------------
The relativity of our experiences, so the differences between us.
'I only know that I know nothing.' --Socrates--
A good place to start, devoid of falsehoods!

Return to “Media Streaming”