[HOWTO] Plex 0.9.16.2 for ARM-x19 Qnap Boxes - Download

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
chrhodes
First post

[HOWTO] Plex 0.9.16.2 for ARM-x19 Qnap Boxes - Download

Post by chrhodes »

Hi

Thought I would post this here as nobody else had.

With Plex now not supporting Arm-x19 based Qnap systems for release 1.0X they have removed all reference to this on their website and plex downloads.

A similar story is had when it comes to the Qnap App Centre. Plex for Arm-X19... Gone.

Now the issue that I had was that I needed to rebuild my TS-220 due to corruption and when completed couldn't find the 0.9.16.2 compatible build to reload.

I have found it now and the link is below

https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-se ... m-x19.qpkg

I hope that this help somebody in a similar situation as I was in.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: [HOWTO] Plex 0.9.16.2 for ARM-x19 Qnap Boxes - Download

Post by dolbyman »

Not that it's QNAPS fault that there are no old ARM supporting versions released anymore.

But, as long as it still works on newer firmware releases (that the x19 will soon also be excluded from anyways), I would have kept this in the download repository, maybe with a disclaimer of a discontinued version

Removing this program from the app center without a warning is just causing anger and confusion with users (as we have had already in the forum)
newtech
First post

Post by newtech »

Great, many thanks!
Just installed the latest client on my Mac which requires version 0.9.16 or later to be installed on my QNAP (419PII). Version on QNAP was 0.9.15.3 and QNAP App Centre did not provide any further updates. Neither did the Plex site pages I was sniffing around on. Was looking for this for days....
LexingtonPro
New here

Post by LexingtonPro »

for those looking for plex 0.9.16.4 for TS-212P. Figured it out after about an hour of cut and pasting :)
https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-se ... m-x19.qpkg
TangoFoxtrot
First post

Post by TangoFoxtrot »

Does anyone have these or know of a different download location as it looks like the links are no longer active

TIA

T
ggibby
Starting out

Post by ggibby »

TangoFoxtrot wrote:Does anyone have these or know of a different download location as it looks like the links are no longer active
*Bump*
tuxing
Starting out

Post by tuxing »

*Bump* +1

Anybody has links or files of 0.9.16 builds, Please upload & share.
Plex 0.9.15.3 available on TS-412 has problem connecting to web interface.

thanks
TS 412 with 4 x Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 (4 x 3 Tb as separate single disk volumes)
Firmware version: 3.4.3 Build 0520T
NAS UPS - APC Back-UPS ES 650Y-IN
vertycall
First post

Post by vertycall »

Being on the same boat - with a slightly outdated kirkwood based device - i was really mad at plex devs abandoning this hardware. :evil: Actually plex was one of the main reasons i decided to buy my HS-210 QNAP. Finally after weeks of digging I got the latest supported ARM-x19 version. I can confirm it works properly. Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!Y8oFQAKI!oKT-E_QjXAdd ... 1-c1NUfVUU.
tuxing
Starting out

Post by tuxing »

vertycall wrote:Being on the same boat - with a slightly outdated kirkwood based device - i was really mad at plex devs abandoning this hardware. :evil: Actually plex was one of the main reasons i decided to buy my HS-210 QNAP. Finally after weeks of digging I got the latest supported ARM-x19 version. I can confirm it works properly. Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!Y8oFQAKI!oKT-E_QjXAdd ... 1-c1NUfVUU.
Thanks a lot vertycall for the link.
Installed plex using the qpkg without issues.
But was not able to get plex working on my qnap TS-412. issues i have are
1) Plex takes a very long time to load, i can connect to the web server only after about 4 hours of starting the nas
2) Even when the plex web interface starts working , server settings cant be accessed most of the time.
3) On adding files to library, plex takes long time to scan but fails to find any media content.
4) cant add movies to library as language option cant be selected while adding the folders.

Had the same issues on 0.9.15.3 version too
seems this may be an issue with folder permissions available for plex. but have no clue how to solve the issue.

Plex was working fine till recently till I reset my qnap after a power failure( during plex library update) messed up with the plex server.

thanks again for the link

regards
tuxing
TS 412 with 4 x Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 (4 x 3 Tb as separate single disk volumes)
Firmware version: 3.4.3 Build 0520T
NAS UPS - APC Back-UPS ES 650Y-IN
dsenseb
New here

Post by dsenseb »

tuxing wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 pm
vertycall wrote:Being on the same boat - with a slightly outdated kirkwood based device - i was really mad at plex devs abandoning this hardware. :evil: Actually plex was one of the main reasons i decided to buy my HS-210 QNAP. Finally after weeks of digging I got the latest supported ARM-x19 version. I can confirm it works properly. Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!Y8oFQAKI!oKT-E_QjXAdd ... 1-c1NUfVUU.
Thanks a lot vertycall for the link.
Installed plex using the qpkg without issues.
But was not able to get plex working on my qnap TS-412. issues i have are
1) Plex takes a very long time to load, i can connect to the web server only after about 4 hours of starting the nas
2) Even when the plex web interface starts working , server settings cant be accessed most of the time.
3) On adding files to library, plex takes long time to scan but fails to find any media content.
4) cant add movies to library as language option cant be selected while adding the folders.

Had the same issues on 0.9.15.3 version too
seems this may be an issue with folder permissions available for plex. but have no clue how to solve the issue.

Plex was working fine till recently till I reset my qnap after a power failure( during plex library update) messed up with the plex server.

thanks again for the link

regards
tuxing
Having same issue. Did you manage to get that fixed?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Media Streaming”