QNAP TS253A iTunes Server, SuperSync, and iTunes

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
krose
New here

QNAP TS253A iTunes Server, SuperSync, and iTunes

Post by krose »

Hi everyone,
I'm a professional DJ and I thought it would not only be a good idea to have a solid backup for all my music, but also it would be cool to access my music from anywhere since I tend to travel.

I got the QNAP setup easily enough. I installed the SuperSync Server and I've been using the Desktop SuperSync app on Mac and it all worked very easily, music backed up to the server, and everything is hunky dory.

Here's where it got wonky. I opened iTunes, server was right there, easy enough. Connected, no problem. No music.....Hmmm...Well that was an easy enough fix. I went to the Firefly server and had it do a full scan and set update to aggressive. Reloaded the server, reloaded iTunes, and boom! Music!...kinda....

The music shows up, for about five seconds, then disappears, then comes back, and then is gone again....repeat...indefintely...
I cannot play my music because it disappears after 5 seconds. I haven't had any connection issues, and its weird that there would be such a regular disconnect and reconnect for a connection issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do you fix it?

Specs:
QNAP TS253A
2017 MacBook Pro 16GB i7 running OSX10.12.3 Sierra
iTunes 12.6.0.1
Licensed SuperSync 6.1.2
Macuser007
Starting out

Re: QNAP TS253A iTunes Server, SuperSync, and iTunes

Post by Macuser007 »

Have you check if you're running the latest firmware on your QNAP. I believe AFP has problem. If you're running the latest firmware, try restart the server to see if problem persist. If it is, try using SMB to connect to the QNAP from Mac to see if problem resolve.
eflynn00
First post

Post by eflynn00 »

Hi, ts-251, version 4.3.3.0188.

I'm having the same exact problem as OP, except I'm not using SuperSync. Itunes connects to nas, and plays music for about 5 seconds, and then says, "has no music" message.

Has anyone found a fix, or suggestions for troubleshooting?

My local netork is Verizon Fios over wifi, if that helps.

Other than that, connection to nas seem reliable. Qsync works fine, for example.

I suspect it's Firefly and Itunes. The server seems to stop working after Itunes connects to it.
krose
New here

Post by krose »

I updated Qnap firmware. Seems to have a steady connection now. Can't explain why since my firmware was up to date at the time of original post. Oh well. Will update if I find anything else. At least I have my music working again.
danlewski
New here

Post by danlewski »

I'm also having this issue but the disconnect time is around 10-15 minutes and random. I've updated my firmware to the latest as of 10/15/18.

Return to “Media Streaming”