Video streaming lagging with TS-253A

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
sbsb10000
New here

Video streaming lagging with TS-253A

Post by sbsb10000 »

Hi,

I've got a TS-253A with 4GB RAM and a Samsung 55 4k TV (UE55KU6000).

I recorded some 4k videos and 1080p videos on my camera and put them on the NAS, but when i try and view the videos on the TV, it is stop and start - the video does not play continuously.

The NAS is connected via PoweLine adapters to my Router and the TV is connected thru WiFi (I'm able to stream 4k from youtube to the TV without issues, so I don't think it's an issue with the wireless connection). I'm using the built-in QNAP DLNA Media Streamer and have got the CodecPack installed and enabled and also Hardware Transcoding is enabled as well. The files are MP4.

When I have tried to stream these, i don't have any other apps running and no other users are accessing data from the NAS either.

Any ideas what is going on / how to improve? is there anyway to check if this is a performance issue on the NAS?

Thanks,

Steve.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Video streaming lagging with TS-253A

Post by dolbyman »

disable transcoding and see if your tv can deal with it natively...if not the codecs used might be too much for your qnap to transcode in real time (mp4 is a container..does give no info on actual codecs)
BernardJones
Starting out

Re: Video streaming lagging with TS-253A

Post by BernardJones »

Try it without PoweLine Ethernet.

Apps like Youtube and Netflix have better control over buffering of data that can handle network issues.

Return to “Media Streaming”