Media Streaming / Library no longer working

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
esussman0
New here

Re: Media Streaming / Library no longer working

Post by esussman0 »

I have the same issue. Music folder and photo station folder erased and cannot be re-entered. Media library and file station show all folders still there. VPN should have no bearing on this issue. Must be the new release. Why isn't this issue being addressed?
Walky
Starting out

Post by Walky »

Hi.

Go to the DLNA Media Server page , click Advanced Settings, then Customize. You’ll have a Music, Photo & Video tab on which you have to check the sub-folders you want to see displayed.

Rgds,

W.
NASes: QNAP TVS-671 / TS-870 Pro
OzBrown
Starting out

Post by OzBrown »

I have a TVS 873 (new) and can not get DLNA to run, keeps dropping the DLNA flag and many reloads (reset QNAP) and restarts later still not working.

Is this an issue with the latest QTS from what others are seeing still.

Have raised a Support ticket - 5 days ago- still waiting a response to fix.
Ozbrown
QNAP: TVS 873, DISKS: 5x4TB HDD, 2x6TB HDD RAM: 16GB RAID: 5
QTS: 4.5.4.1800
UPS: Yes
QNAP TS-853A Disks 5x4TB HDD, RAM 4GB Raid:5
QTS: 4.5.4.1800
UPS:Yes
NaBsTeR
Starting out

Post by NaBsTeR »

I could finally fix the problem. It is related to the latest upgrade which changes folders/files permissions (at least for media).
When I check my media folders permissions, I see that "admin" (default user for media) has rw privileges.
In the bottom of the permissions window, the flag "apply modifications to folders and sub-folders" is ticked.
I ticked the flag "Apply and replace all the current authorisations to this folder, files and sub-folders" => problem fixed.
Media folder/files are showing on DLNA clients + Video Station ..etc.

I am translating from french to english, so maybe the flag is not exactly defined as mentioned.
Bizarrox
New here

Post by Bizarrox »

EDIT: Opened ticket #KEJ-706-46447 with QNAP

I don't get it...

I upgraded to the 4.3.3.0299 build 20170901 firmware on my TVS-671 and then updated all my apps, which included an update to the Media Streaming Add-On. Everything seemed to be fine, up to the point where the Media Streaming Add-On update failed with a message saying "[Media Streaming Add-on] The Media Library must be enabled in "Control Panel" > "Multimedia Management" before you can install this package." So I went to Multimedia Management, and setting aside the fact that there were no directories listed, everything seemed fine for both the DLNA Media Server and Multimedia Management. I've restarted the system, I've restarted the DLNA server, I've deactivated and and reactivated the Media Library, I've uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the Media Streaming Add-On and everything else I could think of, but nothing has worked. Of course there's no Media Streaming Add-On installed anymore because I removed it, and even the automatic installation that I triggered when I disabled and re-enabled the DLNA server has failed.

Walky mentioned the DLNA Media Server Advanced Settings, but you can't get there without the Media Library enabled, and the system is convinced that Media Library isn't enabled even though it is. I mentioned that all the folders have disappeared - whenever I try to add any directories back into the list they all VANISH as soon as I click the Apply button! One of the directories is a directory under /homes/ for one of my users, so I know this can't be about the update changing permissions or that user would be hosed and he's not.

But wait, there's more! On the Media Library tab the current status says "Indexing" in green, but the last update is 2017/01/07 08:15:02, which is obviously wrong. The Location is just a circle of grey spinning dots now, but at but some point it had stabilized for a minute and showed me the name of my data volume.

So what the hell man!?!?! Anyone got any ideas?
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

Bizarrox wrote:EDIT: Opened ticket #KEJ-706-46447 with QNAP

But wait, there's more! On the Media Library tab the current status says "Indexing" in green, but the last update is 2017/01/07 08:15:02, which is obviously wrong. The Location is just a circle of grey spinning dots now, but at but some point it had stabilized for a minute and showed me the name of my data volume.

So what the ** man!?!?! Anyone got any ideas?
Glad to see someone else's "last update" not updating. Mine has been stuck on 2017/04/20 for awhile (maybe it smoked something that day). 8) I opened a ticket too but they wanted to do a Teamviewer session and refused. I forced another scan and magically the date changed.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
Blackmesa
First post

Post by Blackmesa »

Hi all!.

I've read a lot of this problem. One solution is to restart the Media Service via Putty, by writting the following code lines:

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgt ... atest.html https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-cN0y1WFdA

# /etc/init.d/StartMediaService.sh stop
# /etc/init.d/mariadb.sh stop
# rm -rf /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.system/
# /etc/init.d/mariadb.sh start
# /etc/init.d/StartMediaService.sh start

Good luck!!!.
mstamate
Getting the hang of things

Post by mstamate »

Neither recent re-introduced Twonky DLNA server do not work anymore.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Bizarrox
New here

Post by Bizarrox »

Blackmesa wrote:Hi all!.

I've read a lot of this problem. One solution is to restart the Media Service via Putty, by writting the following code lines:

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgt ... atest.html https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-cN0y1WFdA

Good luck!!!.
I can't say I'm real keen on wiping out the entire .system directory without understanding what's in it, and there appears to be quite a lot. What's in there?
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

Bizarrox wrote:
Blackmesa wrote:Hi all!.

Good luck!!!.
I can't say I'm real keen on wiping out the entire .system directory without understanding what's in it, and there appears to be quite a lot. What's in there?
I'm no expert, but It appears to have the sql db files from previous indexing. There hasn't been any other replies about the deleting of the .system folder since your reply and would be hesitant to do so too. Hopefully someone will chime in.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
vstrad
New here

Post by vstrad »

Bizarrox wrote:
EDIT: Opened ticket #KEJ-706-46447 with QNAP

Everything seemed to be fine, up to the point where the Media Streaming Add-On update failed with a message saying "[Media Streaming Add-on] The Media Library must be enabled in "Control Panel" > "Multimedia Management" before you can install this package." So I went to Multimedia Management, and setting aside the fact that there were no directories listed, everything seemed fine for both the DLNA Media Server and Multimedia Management. I've restarted the system, I've restarted the DLNA server, I've deactivated and and reactivated the Media Library, I've uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the Media Streaming Add-On and everything else I could think of, but nothing has worked. Of course there's no Media Streaming Add-On installed anymore because I removed it, and even the automatic installation that I triggered when I disabled and re-enabled the DLNA server has failed.

Walky mentioned the DLNA Media Server Advanced Settings, but you can't get there without the Media Library enabled, and the system is convinced that Media Library isn't enabled even though it is. I mentioned that all the folders have disappeared - whenever I try to add any directories back into the list they all VANISH as soon as I click the Apply button!
I have the same problem. I'm still on V4.2 of QTS so that I can continue to use Twonky. I foolishly accepted QNAP's invitation to update the Media Streaming Add-on and now cannot stream at all. All multimedia folders have vanished from the Media Library and, when I attempt to add them, they vanish when I click on "Apply".

Did you get a response from your ticket?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

if you device is from 2016 or before, update the firmware and you get a free twonky back
vstrad
New here

Post by vstrad »

dolbyman wrote:if you device is from 2016 or before, update the firmware and you get a free twonky back
Can you explain, please? I thought QNAP no longer supported Twonky.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

check the release notes of the latest firmwares..all explained in there
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

ok found the release notes:
viewtopic.php?f=142&t=135500

also qnap always supported twonky ... just the free license was discontinued you can always buy twonky license and install the latest version on the qnap model of your choice

Return to “Media Streaming”