Media Streaming / Library no longer working

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
clemon79
Starting out

Media Streaming / Library no longer working

Post by clemon79 »

I hadn't looked in a while, but right now my Media Streaming and the native DLNA server (which has been stable for a LONG time) isn't working. The Media Streaming Add-In won't update and is telling me I have to enable the Media Library...except it IS enabled, but I notice the folders I have had configured have all disappeared. So I try to add them, apply, and they disappear again.

Is this splashover of a firmware upgrade and a known bug? Is this happening to other folks? It's ridiculously frustrating right now.
mstamate
Getting the hang of things

Re: Media Streaming / Library no longer working

Post by mstamate »

Upgraded to 4.3.3? Expect many faults,then.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
clemon79
Starting out

Post by clemon79 »

mstamate wrote:Upgraded to 4.3.3? Expect many faults,then.

I am indeed on 4.3.3. Are there known issues with the media streaming component?
mstamate

Post by mstamate »

Yes,they are.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

clemon79 wrote:
mstamate wrote:Upgraded to 4.3.3? Expect many faults,then.

I am indeed on 4.3.3. Are there known issues with the media streaming component?
Try restarting the add-on by clicking on the restart server button. In my case, that worked but was never needed until going to 4.3.3.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
zxlife
Starting out

Post by zxlife »

I'm getting similar problems, also running 4.3.3.
albumman wrote:Try restarting the add-on by clicking on the restart server button. In my case, that worked but was never needed until going to 4.3.3.
When you say by clicking on the restart server button - are you talking about the NAS drive itself(!)?
QNAP TS-412 (4 x 2TB WD RED)
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

zxlife wrote:I'm getting similar problems, also running 4.3.3.
albumman wrote:Try restarting the add-on by clicking on the restart server button. In my case, that worked but was never needed until going to 4.3.3.
When you say by clicking on the restart server button - are you talking about the NAS drive itself(!)?
I thought about that after posting and should have edited my post. In the Media streaming add-on is a button to restart the dlna server. I usually then have had to hit the refresh button to rescan for devices. Others have said this is a known Qnap bug (imagine that) but no mention if/when it will be fixed.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
zxlife
Starting out

Post by zxlife »

albumman wrote:
zxlife wrote:I'm getting similar problems, also running 4.3.3.
I thought about that after posting and should have edited my post. In the Media streaming add-on is a button to restart the dlna server. I usually then have had to hit the refresh button to rescan for devices. Others have said this is a known Qnap bug (imagine that) but no mention if/when it will be fixed.
Thanks.
QNAP TS-412 (4 x 2TB WD RED)
marsrocketman
Starting out

Post by marsrocketman »

I've had the same problem on my TS-421U following the recent upgrade but the latest upgrade to 4.3.3.0262 (2017/07/17) thankfully seems to have got thing working again,
NaBsTeR
Starting out

Post by NaBsTeR »

I have a TS-453mini. I've never faced this problem, but after upgrading to release 4.3.3.0262 (2017/07/27) I don't see any files in the directories (I used many DLNA players to check).
I have restarted the Media Streaming Add-on many times and rescan (re-index) the library. The problem is still there.
LThome

Post by LThome »

NaBsTeR wrote:I have a TS-453mini. I've never faced this problem, but after upgrading to release 4.3.3.0262 (2017/07/27) I don't see any files in the directories (I used many DLNA players to check).
I have restarted the Media Streaming Add-on many times and rescan (re-index) the library. The problem is still there.
Since 4.3.3.0262 , my NAS ts112 has had the same problem, don't worry, you are not alone!
NAS: TS-112 | F/W:4.3.3.0546 build 20180504| H/W: Seagate ST2000VN0004 - IRONWOLF 2TB
Services: Apache, FTP, Samba v1 :shock: , Twonky Server
QPKGs: Cloud Drive Sync, HappyGet 2
clemon79
Starting out

Post by clemon79 »

I fixed my problem with a combination of a couple of restarts and a couple of reindexes, but I notice things have been pretty stable and Multimedia Management is pretty quick to report index size and such since the last firmware upgrade, so hopefully some kind of fix was in there and the issue is at least being addressed for people who still have it.
NaBsTeR
Starting out

Post by NaBsTeR »

Did someone find the solution ? I opened a ticket but they did not find anything.
NaBsTeR
Starting out

Post by NaBsTeR »

[quote="MickelC"]***** Spam msg removed *****
!!! How can it be related to a VPN ?
I am not even capable of seeing my files at home ! My smart TV doesn't see anyhting (it shows the folders but they are empty).
I tried with my internet box which reads DLNA servers...same behaviour !
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

a spambot does not care

I reported the post

Return to “Media Streaming”