QNAP 253B problem with DLNA and photos

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
cnroed
First post

QNAP 253B problem with DLNA and photos

Post by cnroed »

Hi

Just bought my second QNAP, to get better performance (TS219P vs TS253B) for my large JPEG photos (6000*4000 pix, app 8-10 Mb).
I am using Twonky on the 219 and it crashes often. I display on a SAMSUNG series 9000 HDTV, using the built in media receiver.
So I wanted to use native DLNA server on the 253B, and I setup the media share, and I can all thumbnails on my SAMSUNG TV.
However, when I try to view one one of the photos, the media player tells me that the format is unsupported. I even tried with a small JPEG file
(800*600) and received the same error. I have played around with the different settings and none of them seems to work.

Has anyone else seen this problem and know the solution? I didn't mind to use Twonky, if it was just available og 253B, but it is not.
tried free version of PLEX instead, but I can't get it to work at all. The media player just says that there are no images shared.

regards
Claus
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP 253B problem with DLNA and photos

Post by dolbyman »

on new models twonky needs to be purchased for 20 bucks

it's worth the cash .. I use twonky with a 65KS8000.. no crashes or any issues (419p+) .. 4K streaming .. no problem

latest twonky for you new NAS can be found here
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/8.4.1/
Qnap x86-64 package
bijbo71
New here

Re: QNAP 253B problem with DLNA and photos

Post by bijbo71 »

Hi
Welcome to the club...

I had problems with DLNA streaming since Media Streaming Add-on version 430.1.3.0. (TS-653A)
Depending on version It hangs after some time. I tried to find some connection between usage/media formats but for me it looks totally sporadic.
When I restart Media Streaming Add-on selecting restart button on it's configuration page, it works for some time but it hangs again...

At the end I installed older version and now everything works fine again, and until none of the newer versions works OK for me.
If you want to try you can manually install older version from this link.
http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/MediaStre ... x86_64.zip

Unfortunately QNAP Helpdesk was not very helpfull, and to me it looks like they are relieved that I was able to get system running again with previous version of Media Streaming Add-on...

Regards
Boris

Return to “Media Streaming”