How to disable Twonky Server

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
luqueje
New here

How to disable Twonky Server

Post by luqueje »

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to disable/remove Twonky Server [8.3-17] from my system [TS-453A, v4.3.6]. While the support was pulled, Twonky is still running in the background, eating resources. I wouldn't have noticed, but I installed Logitech Media Server, which defaults to port 9000. However, when I go to //[servername]:9000 I still get the Twonky status page. Kind of annoying.
Since the support was pulled, the application has been removed from the app center, leaving me to wonder how to disable/remove it.

All help is appreciated
dolbyman
Guru

Re: How to disable Twonky Server

Post by dolbyman »

for those new units twonky needed to be installed as an app (only units bought pre 2014(?) had the free twonky option left)

so it shouldnt be running if the app center doesn't have it listed
contenitore21
Starting out

Post by contenitore21 »

please, Logitech media server is only audio server or video too?
luqueje
New here

Post by luqueje »

It was installed as an app in an old FW version (i.e. before support was stopped). After the firmware upgrade that stopped the support, the app disappeared from the app center, but it kept on running in the background. My TV still sees the Twonky server and can stream from it. It shouldn't be running, but it does and I want to get rid of it, hence the topic.

Logitech media server it audio only, yes, but it defaults to the same port Twonky is using. This means I cannot access LMS on port 9000, which could lead to conflicts.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

maybe try to install the latest twonky qpkg again and then remove it

http://download.twonky.com/8.5.1/
contenitore21
Starting out

Post by contenitore21 »

Hi, I've a ts212 with Twonky Server 8.2.1 on board and i think it was embedded because i don't remember have never downloaded it.
Now, can i install the latest version o it is better to do nothing? and which package should i download? i don't see arm x12
Maybe latest version allow to classify videos with personal tags?
Thanks
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

the embedded Twonky should be listed in the Control panel under DLNA Media Server. there should be one for QNAP's Own DLNA Server and then one for Twonky listed below that. you may have to scroll down in the window. Untick the box and then apply. that with disable the built in Twonky.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
luqueje
New here

Post by luqueje »

Hi Simon, this actually worked. This option was not there before, so I did not think of checking it. TNX!!

Return to “Media Streaming”