[HELP] HS-453DX - DLNA media server library not updating automatically

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
blackolive
New here

[HELP] HS-453DX - DLNA media server library not updating automatically

Post by blackolive »

Hello guys,

I have a QNAP HS-453DX, multimedia management Scan setting is set to real-time scan new files added to the library, media scanning is checked as high priority.

When i download new files (music, video) to the media folder (with Download station), the files are not automatically added to the library = i do not see them through DLNA devices even when i wait several hours. I have to use Scan Now button so they become visible via DLNA.

Please, i am looking for advices where could be the problem, what setting needs to be changer or what is the solution so the files become scanned automatically as soon as they are downloaded.

thanks!
Stan
Last edited by blackolive on Sat May 18, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackolive
New here

Re: [HELP] HS-453DX - DLNA media media server library not updating automatically

Post by blackolive »

Just to add - PLEX updates the library immediately when the files are added to the folder, the QNAP DLNA Media Server never updates the library unless i press the Scan Now button.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: [HELP] HS-453DX - DLNA media server library not updating automatically

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

blackolive wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:07 am Just to add - PLEX updates the library immediately when the files are added to the folder, the QNAP DLNA Media Server never updates the library unless i press the Scan Now button.
hm did you try looking at multimedia management, and change the scan to realtime? does that help?

they are planning to add multimedia console to replace that :'

@6:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfiYM74BaLI

or the issue could be "Media Streaming Add-on" which is the QNAP DLNA app. report to helpdesk
https://helpdesk.qnap.com/
The Media Streaming Add-on allows you to stream your media to different devices in different locations using AirPlay, DLNA, Chromecast and HDMI. It also includes advanced settings for the DLNA Media Server, allowing you to set DLNA client controls, menu languages, and more options.

You can use the following function to setup the advanced settings of the media server.

Please note:
The Media Library must be enabled to use the DLNA Media Server. Please configure the settings in "Applications" > "Multimedia Management" > "Media Library".
review
https://www.thestreamingblog.com/qnap-h ... as-review/
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Sat May 18, 2019 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
blackolive
New here

Post by blackolive »

Hello! Thanks for the reply.

Yes in Multimedia Management i have the realtime scan selected and moreover i have checked the media scanning priority to high.

Hope the new MM console fixes this
blackolive
New here

Post by blackolive »

Thanks for the helpdesk advice! Will try that and report back if they were able to help!
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

blackolive wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:24 am Hello! Thanks for the reply.

Yes in Multimedia Management i have the realtime scan selected and moreover i have checked the media scanning priority to high.

Hope the new MM console fixes this
actually i was just about to make a thread or post to assess some of these changes. oo wait i already did :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=146933&

blackolive wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:26 am Thanks for the helpdesk advice! Will try that and report back if they were able to help!
you are welcome :)
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

Return to “Media Streaming”