Soundbar via Bluetooth

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Whatever111
New here

Soundbar via Bluetooth

Post by Whatever111 »

Hello,

I have a QNAP HS-251+ and I want to connect a LG sound bar via Bluetooth. Can I simply use a Bluetooth adapter via usb?

My QNAP is connected via HDMI to a projector and I want to use a sound bar for the sound. I want to be able to watch movie files but also Netflix with this setup.

Can you please help me?

Thank you
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Soundbar via Bluetooth

Post by dolbyman »

best to get an external player .. don't fiddle with the QNAP for sound or netflix (It's a NAS)
Whatever111
New here

Post by Whatever111 »

It’s advertised as “Quad-core silent & fanless NAS with HDMI-out for the best audiovisual experience”.
It works fine with a TV and I try to figure out how to use it with a projector.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Yes it is sadly advertised as such .. good luck

look into HDMI audio splitters to connect your soundbar (most support stereo and 5.1 split)
51Bm5Z+AlqL._AC_SY355_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever111
New here

Post by Whatever111 »

Thank you for your response.
My soundbar can only be used with Bluetooth.

Is there no way to stream sound via Bluetooth? I read that it’s possible to stream music via Bluetooth with the Music Station app and by using a Bluetooth adapter, but I didn’t find anything about streaming sound from a movie.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I dont know if a bluetooth dongle would be shown as output option in kodi

get one and try it out ..hope it has not too much latency

otherwise connect a bluetooth transmitter to above mentioned hdmi splitter
61VQibz0niL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Post by gggplaya »

Hard to believe a home theater soundbar is "bluetooth only" because bluetooth was never designed for high bandwidth. Sure, bluetooth has been upgraded with things like APTX audio, but that's still lossy sound. Not the best way to move sound to a home theater sound bar.

Are you sure you don't have Optical input on the sound bar, maybe a single coax as well as LG's sound sync input?

If it has an optical input, you can get an HDMI audio extractor to optical or coax output. https://www.amazon.com/avedio-links-Swi ... 07T2WSY3D/
Whatever111
New here

Post by Whatever111 »

Thank you for your replies. It has an optical input. I will use an HDMI audio extractor.
pungpond
Getting the hang of things

Post by pungpond »

I can connect USB bluetooth dongle to NAS and used app "cinema28".
The Cinema28 can detect bluetooth and has menu to pair the bluetooth with speaker/soundbar.
Then I use app "Music Station" ("Qmusic" on mobile) and select media stream to stream songs stored in NAS to bluetooth speaker.
gicamuci
New here

Post by gicamuci »

pungpond wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:14 pm I can connect USB bluetooth dongle to NAS and used app "cinema28".
The Cinema28 can detect bluetooth and has menu to pair the bluetooth with speaker/soundbar.
Then I use app "Music Station" ("Qmusic" on mobile) and select media stream to stream songs stored in NAS to bluetooth speaker.
Just tried what pungpond suggested and it works. BT dongle is an unknown BT4.0 and Nas is a TS-251+
Streaming to a Sony GTK-XB5 BT speaker.
Cinema28 paired just fine and Music Station works. Tried TuneIn radio which also works fine.

Thanks pungpond
TS-251+, 16GB, 2 x 6TB RAID1

Return to “Media Streaming”