Problem with Streaming Media from File Station

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
nils_heidorn
Starting out

Problem with Streaming Media from File Station

Post by nils_heidorn »

Hello!
I rarely used this feature but due to some changes in Equipment & Network i recently tried to stream Pictures & Movies to my ChromeCast 4k.
This did not work, i recall it has worked a zillion updates before :-(
(Now running latest 4.5.2)

What i am trying to do:
I select a picture or a movie in File Station, right mouse click --> Streaming to and select my Chromecast (i did try some older streaming Sticks by now, EZCast, same problem).
Then the "Media Viewer" opens, and fails to play the media.
The ChromeCast gives no sign of beeing connected to.

See this screenshot of a typical failed try:
Media Viewer.jpg
So, no matter if picture or movie (tried H264 MP$, AVI, .TS, .mpg and some others) this is always the end result...

I do not know if this is related but i also do not have thumbnails of any movie file and cannot play a movie "locally" via doubleclicking the movie in File Station as well, see this screenshot where you can see the thumbnail "loading" (which never succeeds). I am able to see pictures this way bit no movie file of any sort.
Media Viewer2.jpg

In other words, a desperate "Heeeeelp" :-)

Greetings,

Nils
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QNAP TS-932X with 8GB Ram, Storage: 4 x 4TB HDD and 2 x 240GByte for QTier
nils_heidorn
Starting out

Re: Problem with Streaming Media from File Station

Post by nils_heidorn »

P.S. the second (and as i now see unrelated) problem seems to be caused as i once bought and used the Cayin Mediaplayer.
I reinstalled Cayin (that is useless for me otherwise) and *voilá* Thumbnails work again.
I wonder if they break again when i unsinstall it <sigh> but thats another thing, much more troublesome is the streaming problem from above :-(

Greetings, Nils
QNAP TS-932X with 8GB Ram, Storage: 4 x 4TB HDD and 2 x 240GByte for QTier

Return to “Media Streaming”