Album cover image cannot be shown in DLNA controller and DNLA player/renderer

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
gzjamesbond
Starting out

Album cover image cannot be shown in DLNA controller and DNLA player/renderer

Post by gzjamesbond »

I use QNAP to manage my music media. Use built-in Media Streaming Add-on and DLNA server to stream the media to DLNA device to play the music.But I find the Album cover image cannot be shown in Album level but only shown in track level. I use the DLNA clients ( controller, player) like bubbleupnp, mediamonkey, kodi (in both windows and android). All cannot show the album image in album level, but only show in track level.

But when I use the Qmusic in android, the cover image can be shown properly.

I already upgrade the QTS, music station, qmusic to the latest version. My qnap box is TS212P3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Album cover image cannot be shown in DLNA controller and DNLA player/renderer

Post by dolbyman »

Try twonky (free with your old NAS) .. but your NAS is long EOL so there will not be any more changes or bugfixes coming your way
gzjamesbond
Starting out

Re: Album cover image cannot be shown in DLNA controller and DNLA player/renderer

Post by gzjamesbond »

Dolbyman, thanks for your reply. I am sorry to hear that my model TS212P3 is long EOL. It is unbelievable. I bought it last year. This model is also still shown in QNAP official website. How is it EOL?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

explained in the other thread you opened
Last edited by dolbyman on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I use MinimServer which has been packaged and displays artwork and artists as I expect.

Return to “Media Streaming”