General help with iTunes library on TVS-882ST3 (want to sync music to native iPhone music app)

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
euphorbia
First post

General help with iTunes library on TVS-882ST3 (want to sync music to native iPhone music app)

Post by euphorbia »

Hi -

I'm hoping to get some help with setting up an iTunes library on my TVS-882ST3 (v4.5.4.1741).

Goal:
  • Get various iTunes playlists sync'd to my iPhone.
  • I want to be able to use the native music app on my phone or ipad, to play my music.

Setup:
  • We have all our music in the multimedia folder hierarchy. We used to have the native QNAP iTunes Server app (although tbh we never managed to get it to do anything useful). Now I think that app has been pulled anyway.
  • The files themselves are accessible via SMB, and QMusic works, but I don't want to use QMusic, I want to use the native music app.
Options, acceptable and less so:
  • If there is no native way to get the multimedia files synchronized/downloaded (either wireless or cabled), I would be fine with installing/running iTunes on my Windows laptop (or in a VM) and connecting/syncing that way. But I think I am a bit of a bind, because Apple is also pushing people away from iTunes to their streaming service, and I can't get iTunes to connect to the library via SMB either.
  • I've read something about Linux containers for itunes but I am really not interested in having to learn containerization just for this.

....I am pretty nerdy but this is all eluding me right now. Help?

Return to “Media Streaming”