"Folder" browsing no longer works

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Crucial Kiwi
New here

"Folder" browsing no longer works

Post by Crucial Kiwi »

Hi everyone, I have been using media from my TS-253Be sucessfully for a while both to my TV using HDMI and wireless speaers using DNLA. Since this morning I can access media by genre, year, album and so on but "folder" no longer works.

It feels like there may be a new setting or feature to presvent clients from wandering around in the filesystem, but honestly I cannot find any new config and I cannot see anythin in the release notes. Does anyone now what Im missing?

FWIW I can still connect using an SMB share which works fine and of course Music station works fine. I can use qmusic and set my output to a wireless speaker and qvideo and select the TV but this all seems like it should work as it did up until now.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: "Folder" browsing no longer works

Post by dolbyman »

If you used HDMI with HDStation ..what player were you using ?

Sounds more like DLNA than HDStation ..
Crucial Kiwi
New here

Post by Crucial Kiwi »

Hi thanks for the reply!

Yes, from the TV I use whatever is integrated by Samsung, it is some kind DNLA client. To be honest I find the HD station really clunky and it also seems to consume a lot of memory (which I never got around to extending)

For the wireless speakers I use the heos app from the manufacturer, that is definately DNLA.

Im pretty sure its a change in the default DNLA behavior of the media streaming app. This morning I have been wondering about using minim or plex but for the moment Im hoping I have just missed a checbox somewhere :)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Ok..so you are NOT using HDMI then.

I have havent used the QNAP builtin DLNA in 10 years, so I cannot help much..but if you want something less clunky and MUCH more user friendly, check out Plex,emby or jellyfinn.

At least Plex has a Tizen client and (I use it on an old KS8000) and it works great
Crucial Kiwi
New here

Post by Crucial Kiwi »

Crucial Kiwi
New here

Post by Crucial Kiwi »

OK, I found the problem. In the Multimedia Console there is a tab for Multimedia Streaming add on, on which you can add content sources. Not sure if this is new, but on my nas this was empty. Adding the multimedia folders solved the issue.
manwecke
Starting out

Post by manwecke »

Hello,

I have the same issue with folder. I'm using Media Streaming Add-on Version 500.1.1.3 (2023/11/23). Seems to be the lastest.
In this Addon there are 3 sub menues: General Settings, Browser Settings, Media Receiver.
But I do not have any oppertunity to add the Multimedia folders . Only able to change the Browser settings in terms of language and style. But in all cases browsing from the DNLA Client via Folder is not possible.
Browsing via playlists, songs etc is possible.
Any suggestion.
Thanks in advanced

Return to “Media Streaming”