[ANNOUNCE] Start tagging your posts like this

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
AndyChuo
Experience counts

[ANNOUNCE] Start tagging your posts like this

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi there,

Having hard time reading through a long list of topics and still not finding what you after?

We will start to promote forum users to start "Tagging" your posts this way helping the others to quickerly find out
what's interested to them what's not by reading the [TAG], consider the following cases.

[HOWTO] How to install the best CMS on this planet - Joomla
This is a guideline for the installation of Joomla

[HELP] How to install the best CMS on this planet - Joomla
Can somebody tell me how to install this great app?

By putting a tag you help users to decide if they need to click on your post or look for other topics.

Try to keep your tag short and meaningfull, consider the following cases:

[HELP] My disks wont enter sleep mode.. This mornining i found my TS-209 doesn't go to sleep mode..................
(short but meaningful, users or us know yoru purpose quickly)

[CAN SOMEONE HELP ON MY TS-209] My disks wont enter sleep mode.. This mornining i found my TS-209 doesn't go to sleep mode..................
(to tag or not to tag makes no much difference on this case)

As for the rules of using the [TAG] we don't imply any set of rules really but again just keep it
short, meaningfull andalso in CAPITALS, thanks.

If this runs well I will try to put a 'tag cloud' up somewhere later on to see wher are all users' general interests, what's popular and what's not

Thanks guys for making here a better place.

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
lucas72

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Start tagging your posts like this

Post by lucas72 »

Glad to see you said that before I was thinking to ask! :mrgreen:

P.S. Love *finally* the disclaimer! :wink:
ssnobben
Getting the hang of things

Post by ssnobben »

Hi

I really looking forward to test Joomla on this little device. Is it Joomla 1.0.14 or J 1.5.1 that is standard installed from beginning?

Hope only for the server that its no problem with the server for settings like Safe Mode off and Global register off too ie that Joomla can have problem with for installation for extra 3pds extensions :D

I wouldn't be any problem to upgrade your php 5+ and MySql 5 + too later on I believe?
TS-409 Turbo NAS v3.0.0 Build0430 2 x Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2 32MB 7200RPM XP 64 FF 3.6
entropy
Starting out

Post by entropy »

Hi Andy,

This is a great idea and definitely helps to sort posts on the site a little easier! You've explained it well, but I'm not sure everybody is understanding the concept. For example, I've seen a lot of posts tagged with [HOWTO] followed by a question, such as "[HOWTO] Setup a mail server?" "can anybody help me with this?". Based on your suggestions, it seems like those posts should be tagged with [HELP], not [HOWTO]. This can be a little misleading for folks who are truly looking for a guide on how to do something.

There is a lot of value in having a central place for such guides, but it seems like the legitimate howto's are getting buried in the threads along with the other posts labeled HOWTO that are simply questions.

Maybe it would be worthwile to have a separate section just for HOWTO Guides? Or maybe the real HOWTO's can be stickied in the sections so they always appear at the top? Just a suggestion :) Keep up the great work guys. Very nice product and excellent community here for support. Thanks!
ssnobben
Getting the hang of things

Post by ssnobben »

entropy wrote:Hi Andy,

Maybe it would be worthwile to have a separate section just for HOWTO Guides? Or maybe the real HOWTO's can be stickied in the sections so they always appear at the top? Just a suggestion :) Keep up the great work guys. Very nice product and excellent community here for support. Thanks!
Good idea.
TS-409 Turbo NAS v3.0.0 Build0430 2 x Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2 32MB 7200RPM XP 64 FF 3.6
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

entropy wrote:Hi Andy,

This is a great idea and definitely helps to sort posts on the site a little easier! You've explained it well, but I'm not sure everybody is understanding the concept. For example, I've seen a lot of posts tagged with [HOWTO] followed by a question, such as "[HOWTO] Setup a mail server?" "can anybody help me with this?". Based on your suggestions, it seems like those posts should be tagged with [HELP], not [HOWTO]. This can be a little misleading for folks who are truly looking for a guide on how to do something.

There is a lot of value in having a central place for such guides, but it seems like the legitimate howto's are getting buried in the threads along with the other posts labeled HOWTO that are simply questions.

Yeah you read my mind, and here's the place i guess, still fresh :D
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
mpv69
New here

Post by mpv69 »

I do not know how but could admin modify phpBB settings so that when user creates a new post it has an option that suggests a tag from a popup list or something...?

Just a proposal...

br,

mpv69
bateman
Starting out

Post by bateman »

As QNAP is not listening to their customers, even not responding to customers when they post on the QNAP forums, I will start posting bad reviews on the Internet of their products untill they are able to take their customers seriously.

Thank you, QNAP for your customer service

Return to “Media Streaming”