playback videos on iPad

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
mengzhen76
Starting out

playback videos on iPad

Post by mengzhen76 »

Hi everyone,

I recently encountered a problem of watching videos on iPad. Here below is how I usually play video on iPad streaming from NAS.

1. Launch Qfile app on iPad
2. Select the video file and hit PLAY
3. Choose a preferred video player app in the list of available apps (I normally choose INFUSE) to play the video

But recently when I intend to play the video, there is no longer a list of options for video player apps, it's only Qfile as the default player which is poor in video playing features, though the prompted window still says for better watching experience, users are suggested to install apps such as Aceplayer, Gplayer and Oplayer. In fact, there are a few video players installed on my iPad like Infuse, Aceplayer, Xtreme etc... none of these appears on the list so that I can choose to play the videos. I updated the QFILE app, same result.

Anyone can help me on this? Thank you in advance!
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Re: playback videos on iPad

Post by gggplaya »

Stop all of that altogether. Just get Infuse, the paid version has the DTS and AC3 licenses, but the free version works well if your videos don't use those codecs. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infuse- ... 20934?mt=8

Install infuse, then add the QNAP nas in settings. Add the network shares with your videos as a Favorite. Done!! It plays every movie I have.

Return to “Mobile Devices”