Slooooow performance using Qfile and QfileHD

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
robinsg
New here

Slooooow performance using Qfile and QfileHD

Post by robinsg »

Hello,

I'm using a TS-212 with firmware 4.0.7 and QfileHD 1.2.0.0321, latest of both I believe.

Yesterday I uploaded 1,000 photos from my iPad to the Qnap server, this ran fairly quickly.

When I access the folder using QfileHD or Qfile performance is very slow. Just opening a 750KB photo can take in excess of 30 seconds. Other photos open instantaneously.

If I log in via sash the performance is blinding, chown on 1,000 photos in less than 2 seconds.

I'm connecting via wifi and I have decent throughput, as I said the upload of 1,000 photos was pretty rapid. The issues seems to be worth retrieving the photos.

Any suggestions on what I can do to speed this up?

Thanks
robinsg
New here

Re: Slooooow performance using Qfile and QfileHD

Post by robinsg »

FYI, iPad is IPad 2 and iPhone is an iPhone 5, both have all latest updates to iOS and apps.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

robinsg wrote:Hello,

I'm using a TS-212 with firmware 4.0.7 and QfileHD 1.2.0.0321, latest of both I believe.

Yesterday I uploaded 1,000 photos from my iPad to the Qnap server, this ran fairly quickly.

When I access the folder using QfileHD or Qfile performance is very slow. Just opening a 750KB photo can take in excess of 30 seconds. Other photos open instantaneously.

If I log in via sash the performance is blinding, chown on 1,000 photos in less than 2 seconds.

I'm connecting via wifi and I have decent throughput, as I said the upload of 1,000 photos was pretty rapid. The issues seems to be worth retrieving the photos.

Any suggestions on what I can do to speed this up?

Thanks
Has the NAS finished Thumbnailing and indexing your 1,000 photos yet? What resolution were those pictures in? Check the process listing on the NAS, and see if "ffmpeg" is still running. Your TS-212 isn't exactly a speed demon, so it might take quite a while to thumbnail/index 1,000 photos, particularly if they are high resolution pictures.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
lexvo
Know my way around

Post by lexvo »

I myself have struggled with this problem for over a year. In the end, I just choose a different app for browsing photos on my NAS.

However, today I set "Browsing photo setting" to "Original size" (default it is on "Thumbnail"). To my suprise, loading JPG's is much faster! :)
TS-453Be with FW 5.1.5.2645 build 20240116, 4GB RAM, 4x WD Red 4TB RAID 5
camillo777
Getting the hang of things

Post by camillo777 »

Hi!
This problem is really annoying me.
If the QNAP is set to index the multimedia library at fixed time, I do not know why QFile must recreate all thumbnails every time I access the QNAP.
As You said the thumbnails should be downloaded really quick on the QNAP, but...

It is impossible to browse photos from iPad, iPhone on the QNAP!!!!
Really disappointed!
Any clue?

Network is WiFi N and I can see HD videos, so it is not a problem.

Camillo
camillo777

Post by camillo777 »

Do someone know where QNAP generated thumbnails are saved on the QNAP storage?
I would like to check what is created, where, what size is it...
Thank you!
Camillo
camillo777

Post by camillo777 »

This same slowness happens on a QNAP 269L as well...
Whoisjohngalt
First post

Post by Whoisjohngalt »

So I'm just downloanding files across my LAN..and I'm getting between 1.8 and 2 Mb/s transfer speeds..which seems ridiculous when speed test will give me 20+ from the internet across my WiFi..

I've had this issue on multiple devices.. It seems like it is throttles on the Qfile side somewhere.... Any ideas?
Civil2000
First post

Post by Civil2000 »

Same problem. The Qfile now (3.0) is extremely slow. Almost impossible to use. What happened?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mobile Devices”