Xiaomi Mi 11 can not connect nas

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
szalaib
New here

Xiaomi Mi 11 can not connect nas

Post by szalaib »

Hi,

My wife has a new Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite NE phone, and can not reach the nas (watching Plex movies). I downloaded an app Network Analyzer, which can scan the local network, but except of the router, and some mobile devices, didn't find the nas' ip address.
Any idea why? Is there a setting on Android I should check? (I'm an iPhone guy have few experience with Android).
My setup:
TS-251+
Fw: QTS 5.0.1.2173

Thank you
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Xiaomi Mi 11 can not connect nas

Post by dolbyman »

Does Plex work from any other device ? .. how are they configured ?
szalaib
New here

Post by szalaib »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:16 am Does Plex work from any other device ? .. how are they configured ?
Yes. My Macbook Pro and iPhone, Samsung TV (LAN), Samsung Tab S2 can reach Plex and get stream of it.
Just installed Plex, entered the four digit code, and no special settings applied. No remote access allowed in Plex, used only from local network.
uPnp disabled in router.
Previously she had a Sony XA1, had no problem watching movies from Plex with it.

I can't decide is it the router or a setting in the phone... Qnap's firewall has no special settings to ignore the phone
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

on the phone go to

https://app.plex.tv

She should be able to login to her Plex account and chose the server to connect to

The process should setup the internal or external IP (or relay) for access. If that works, it's not a phone problem.
szalaib
New here

Post by szalaib »

Following your advice I get in Xiaomi's google browser (translated to english):

"app.plex.tv can not securely connect to Plex server" (I replaced my server name to Plex)
"The secure connection setting possibly turned off or some network settings should be changed"

I checked from my laptop, my Plex server is secure, has a green lock next to its title in the settings.

EDIT: on the phone's browser I see my Plex server, but with a ! sign in a triangle. So not secure from thef the phone side
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Then that phone might not have all the certs in place needed, could be a Chinese phone problem (missing certs for government spy reasons)
szalaib
New here

Post by szalaib »

OMG, seems legit. :S
thank you for your help!
szalaib
New here

Post by szalaib »

Managed to solve to use Plex from Mi phone enabling insecure connection in the Plex settings.

Unfortunately the NAS itself isn't accessible by the phone, tried Cx File Explorer which can connect to local networks.
With my S2 Tab Cx quickly found the NAS by name, and logged in with credentials. Xiaomi even can't find anything in the network..

Return to “Mobile Devices”